Middlesbrough vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

10 minutes ago, prowl said:

What at his age?  

When I was his age we used to go for a game of football in Ecclesfield Park kick off about 10 with anyone who was there, other kids would come and join in. You would drop out, nip home for your dinner, come back and join in again. Tea time, drop out, go home, have tea and go back to the park. Game would finish when it got too dark to play maybe 10 o'clock in the summer.

Now that was tiring. We would go and do it again the next day.

The scores were fantastic 432 - 398. You would play on both sides at different times. I was top scorer one day with 46 or something stupid like that.

Those were the days, we'd never heard of video games.

Did Fishcake ever play?

15 minutes ago, prowl said:

What at his age?  

When I was his age we used to go for a game of football in Ecclesfield Park kick off about 10 with anyone who was there, other kids would come and join in. You would drop out, nip home for your dinner, come back and join in again. Tea time, drop out, go home, have tea and go back to the park. Game would finish when it got too dark to play maybe 10 o'clock in the summer.

Now that was tiring. We would go and do it again the next day.

The scores were fantastic 432 - 398. You would play on both sides at different times. I was top scorer one day with 46 or something stupid like that.

Those were the days, we'd never heard of video games.

Park? You mean you played on grass?

Luxury!

We played on t' new road at Wheatley, three sides barbed wire with one set goals being the gates to the recycling/sewage works entrance

Picking the ball every time a bin wagon turned up was bad enough, but shots hard enough to roll past the weighbridge usually ended up in the open sewage sluice

Fortunately, there was a kindly old bloke who'd devised a loop on the end of a long pole to fish the ball out for us

All that untreated fertilizer, I reckon that's the secret behind my healthy head of hair!

Wouldn't recommend selling it by the bottle though

3 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

No Abdi again ?????

I would have liked Bannan and FF to not P!Ay if they had lingering knocks, but there you go. Can't accuse Carlos of putting out a weakened side.

Isn't Abdi injured, or am I hallucinating again?