Middlesbrough vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

5 minutes ago, Smogmonster73 said:

A lot of optimism from you lot. 

Im going 1-0 boro 

i don't even think you'll score !

We have the 4th best defence in the premier league, albeit not a great scoring record. Hence why I'll go 1-0. 

Quite probably right. But, there's no expectation of winning. Optimism is all we have. 

16 minutes ago, Smogmonster73 said:

A lot of optimism from you lot. 

Im going 1-0 boro 

i don't even think you'll score !

We have the 4th best defence in the premier league, albeit not a great scoring record. Hence why I'll go 1-0. 

we realised when you said 1-0 that you didn't think we'd score ..........

A very good morning to you all. Wasn't such a good morning for me, woke up to find out that the incompetent tools at Network Rail have overrun at Durham so the line is shut. Hence a mad dash to get the train an hour earlier, which I'm pleased to say I managed.

Anyway, I can relax and contemplate Pauli's excellent OMDT as well as the game ahead. 

Yes we may see some fringe players get a run out - but the depth we have now means they aren't exactly far below the level of the first team, and my hope for today is at least one makes a proper claim to be in the starting xi every week (with Lee out, this is Abdi's big chance... please take it lad). Matias also has the opportunity to show himself as a more direct alternative to Reach and/or Forestieri. 

Cup runs may have diminishing importance these days, but what can't be discounted is just how bloody fun they can be when the fans get invested in them. Plenty of Prem sides dropped out yesterday, who says we can't go far?

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!

Edited by Groundhopping Owl

Guest BULGARIA

Just cant get my head around some folks on here not caring about the result and wanting to rest players. Its the chance to win a trophy, only 1 of 3 possible to us. Guessing those who dont care have never been to a semi or quarter final. Best team out and try and win the damn thing!!

3 minutes ago, BULGARIA said:

Just cant get my head around some folks on here not caring about the result and wanting to rest players. Its the chance to win a trophy, only 1 of 3 possible to us. Guessing those who dont care have never been to a semi or quarter final. Best team out and try and win the damn thing!!

I want Wednesday to win every game

But I'm not going to slit my wrists if we lose today

Promotion to the Premier League is our absolute priority.