Jump to content

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, nebneeb said:

Gutted.

 

Time for Abdi to get fit and step up?

 

Bannan play the Lee role if asked or can he only play behind the ball?

 

Controversial suggestion, once Hopper is fit, play him up top with Fletch and play Forestieri alongside Hutch in midfield with Wallace and McManaman out wide.

Who is Hopper?

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I don't know about hips but if this happens on knees they do micro fracture surgery to stimulate cartilage growth from the scar tissue.

 

I had this op...wasn't very successful like :/

This kind of treatment is in it's infancy and I doubt it would be used on a sportsman other than as a last resort. 

 

I'm speculating on the K L injury but it is the most common after muscle strains around that joint.

 

Any kind of hyaline cartilage degradation (that's the shiny surface on the joints) is irreversible apart from the treatment you've described, which as I've said is not very successful at the moment. 

Edited by Corneliusreeve
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Parrott71 said:

Why would you play someone who is in pain? Haven't we got about half a dozen central midfielders, he could have played them instead, makes no sense.

 

My thoughts entirely.

 

To me, it doesn't sound like its been managed too well at all this. If he's been in pain for a while, surely the surgery should have been done sooner.

 

It's like the Glenn Loovens injury back in May. Played in the playoff final, but had been carrying the injury. Rather than getting the surgery booked in the summer we wait until August/September and then lost GL for a number of matches.

 

All sounds a bit shoddy if you ask me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, millo said:

Who is Hopper?

 

Can anyone help millo out?

 

There's a single letter typo in "Hopper" due to auto correct on a phone.

 

Swapping just a single character for another will give you the name of one of our Strikers.

 

Unfortunately, as it's not even on the scale of 1 to difficult (-1000000), there won't be any prizes this time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Suppose he must have been playing with pain injections? 

 

Might explain the drop off in terms of his performances (hasn't looked quite his dynamic self in the last month or so). 

 

It would appear that CC was so desperate to play him (plus not play Abdi :ph34r:) that it was only when Kieran explained that his leg was about to fall off that he relented*. 

 

*some of this may have been fabricated 

Link to post
Share on other sites

it was obvious he has been struggling for a few weeks surely he should have been rested rather than playing every min of every game. Guess we dont know the all the details though.

We have Bannan, Abdi, Jones & Hutchinson Whilst Lee is the best  , if we cant cope with those 4 then some serious questions need asking.

Hope he comes back better than ever next year. 

Edited by james o connor
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Parrott71 said:

Why would you play someone who is in pain? Haven't we got about half a dozen central midfielders, he could have played them instead, makes no sense.

The sort of injury I explained in an earlier post can give the same sort of symptoms as a muscle strain ie groin pain and can be intermittent and therefore believed to be improving and so risked.

 

I suspect an eventual scan gave the definitive diagnosis and seems to have been acted on promptly. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt Carlos would make decisions on serious injuries himself. There must be a medical team who look at these issues and offer advice.

 

OK if it's a little knock or strain but we often hear that a player has had a scan when he's been injured. Carlos won't be the one interpreting the scans.

Link to post
Share on other sites

While I understand a lot of you in saying it's time for Abdi to step up, as it should be an opportunity for him to get more game time and in a more familiar position, but I think it's more important for Bannan to now step up.

 

Bannan hasn't had a great season, through his own form and also being played in various positions. But now he should get a run of games in his "best" position. He now needs to be as influential as Lee was, in terms of setting our tempo, creating goals, getting assists and most importantly, scoring goals. He doesn't score anywhere near enough goals for a player of his ability and he must add that to his game, for the teams sake to soften the blow of this huge loss.

 

Along with Hutch, Lees, Forestieri & Westwood, Kieran Lee is our most important player and this is a massive, massave blow for us. He really does help set a tempo for our team, a vital cog in the way we play, with and without the ball. 

 

Gutted for Kieran Lee and gutted for all of us. Hope he makes a speedy and good recovery. Massive loss.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Corneliusreeve said:

This kind of treatment is in it's infancy and I doubt it would be used on a sportsman other than as a last resort. 

 

I'm speculating on the K L injury but it is the most common after muscle strains around that joint.

 

Any kind of hyaline cartilage degradation (that's the shiny surface on the joints) is irreversible apart from the treatment you've described, which as I've said is not very successful at the moment. 

Cheers. You sound like you know yr stuff.

 

Probably explains why it wasn't so successful with me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Corneliusreeve said:

The sort of injury I explained in an earlier post can give the same sort of symptoms as a muscle strain ie groin pain and can be intermittent and therefore believed to be improving and so risked.

 

I suspect an eventual scan gave the definitive diagnosis and seems to have been acted on promptly. 

 

 

 

I can't believe the club weren't aware of this

 

Although many hip/groin/pelvic pains can mimic each other there should be a pretty strong suspicion of intracapsular pathology from orthopaedic testing - and strong suspicion should be investigated immediately with scans and specialist referral

 

My GUESS is that the club did have prior knowledge and took the decision to try to manage the symptoms and try to get him through to an appropriate time - ie either toward the end of the season or immediately after the last meaningful game - then do the surgery

 

That approach failed so there was no other option but immediate surgery

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nebneeb said:

 

Can anyone help millo out?

 

There's a single letter typo in "Hopper" due to auto correct on a phone.

 

Swapping just a single character for another will give you the name of one of our Strikers.

 

Unfortunately, as it's not even on the scale of 1 to difficult (-1000000), there won't be any prizes this time.

Can anyone help nebneeb out?

 

He got one letter wrong in 'Hopper' but doesn't seem to know which one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Corneliusreeve said:

Do you know this for certain as you're describing osteoarthritis which would require a replacement hip.

 

If you're correct then he would never play professionalaly again.

i'm only saying what he told me, he had the other hip done about 3 years ago and it's still holding up so I don't know

he also said the surgeon advised him to think of early retirement to save problems in later life

he's expecting to be out 4-6 months

Edited by dkenyonqfc2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...