Lee - hip surgery

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, S_W_F_C said:

I hope so but bar hutch in those 4, the other 3 have been a massive disappointment. They all need to step up now.

A returning to form Abdi would be like a new signing. 

We have depth in that position. Losing Hutch would worry me more. He's the one we can't cover. 

I know it's unlikely but we really should bring McGugan back into the squad. 

Any more injuries and and we could be struggling in centre midfield. 

Jones ok ok but not really good enough cover for Hutch, Abdi has been injured or frozen out, Palmer hasn't played in midfield for about 3 years and isn't good enough so maybe a loan for a CM?

It's a shame Grant Leadbitter is back in favour at Middlesbrough as he would have been perfect. 

7 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I bet we sign someone.

I don't think Carlos rates his summer signings highly enough. Not for the way he wants us to play anyway.

I agree and am pretty sure CC mentioned in a round about way of a replacement for  Lee when  he was talking about possible  signings on radio Sheffield after the Wolves game.

A huge shame and we all wish Kieran well in recovering. It's a big blow to us in as even with Kieran the side has been too pedestrian this season and Kieran has been the player who both presses and surges forward. Jones in centre mid would make us defensively secure but so static and no evidence of any ability to surge forward but way better than Semedo. Play Bannan too far forward and he's easily drawn out of position and bypassed plus his finishing is poor. It has to Abdi in Kieran's role working harder than hitherto, McGugan back in the squad (although as static as Jones in his way) as an option and see if any loan deal options emerge. Also as others have said play more down the wings and channels than tip tapping through the middle.

How can Dom possibly give info on how long he will be out without giving the info on what the problem was. Dom is a Journalist not an Orthopaedic surgeon.

As sure as eggs are eggs he has not had a hip replacement as one or two seem to intimate on here. Let's wait for more info without which one can't hazard a guess. 

Get well soon to the lad.

A terrific little player, a real ticker, always on the move.

Do we know exactly what he's had done?

It's not as if he's going to have had the old metal ball joint put in is it.

Some sort of minor tear? Bit of tendinitis? 

Who knows. But good speed in recovery KL. 

Seems a super fit lad, hopefully respond well to the surgery.