If all Rhodes lead to promotion..

10 hours ago, Tamworthowl said:

When I see comments like this I always think back to 89-90. We had possibly our best ever strike partnership with Hirst and Atkinson. I think we scored twice in the first ten games.

We brought in a midfielder and a fullback and we started scoring. Then a second fullback. Although we were relegated, due to an end of season collapse, it wasn't due to inadequate forwards or lack of goals.

The problem then, as today, was our inability to create the chances for our forwards. 

There have been a few posts recently knocking our fullbacks. As we use fullbacks for a major part of our attacking style, perhaps they have a point.

Very well said. 

Surely FF, Hooper and Fletcher as a trio are more than good enough to score the goals we need. 

We'd be much better off, on the pitch and financially, spending half the 10-12m needed for Rhodes on two fullbacks. 2-3m each for a couple of quality attacking fullbacks in tandem with the addition of MacManaman on the right might be all we need to ignite our attack.

14 minutes ago, Owl_in_Oz said:

Very well said. 

Surely FF, Hooper and Fletcher as a trio are more than good enough to score the goals we need. 

We'd be much better off, on the pitch and financially, spending half the 10-12m needed for Rhodes on two fullbacks. 2-3m each for a couple of quality attacking fullbacks in tandem with the addition of MacManaman on the right might be all we need to ignite our attack.

Fletcher doesn't score many and FF will create more than he'll score imo

So that's a LOT of pressure to put on Hooper ... Who is streaky, but not consistent 

I won't mention the other non scoring lumps 

13 hours ago, Tamworthowl said:

When I see comments like this I always think back to 89-90. We had possibly our best ever strike partnership with Hirst and Atkinson. I think we scored twice in the first ten games.

We brought in a midfielder and a fullback and we started scoring. Then a second fullback. Although we were relegated, due to an end of season collapse, it wasn't due to inadequate forwards or lack of goals.

The problem then, as today, was our inability to create the chances for our forwards. 

There have been a few posts recently knocking our fullbacks. As we use fullbacks for a major part of our attacking style, perhaps they have a point.

Spot on.

Also, why don't we play to our current strikers strengths? Fletcher is lethal in the air so why is he encouraged to drop deep and pick the ball up? It's simple really, get some crosses in to him and he'll score goals.

100% agree that better full backs would create more chances. I'd rather us spend the money in this department than on another striker.

15 hours ago, abdiwonderland said:

How come he's scored more goals than Pele and only had one promotion in his career, when you could argue the job was already done.

He isn't what we need. We need balance in the midfield and 90 minute displays. The players we have are good enough. Let them play!

Hopper and Fletch are good enough to get us out this league.

Anyone who watched Wednesday at Brentford, Reading, Derby, Cardiff and Fulham away not to mention the first half of Leeds at home will know he is EXACTLY what we need. The amount of clear cut chances we created in them games is insane.