If all Rhodes lead to promotion..

How come he's scored more goals than Pele and only had one promotion in his career, when you could argue the job was already done. 

He isn't what we need. We need balance in the midfield and 90 minute displays. The players we have are good enough. Let them play! 

Hopper and Fletch are good enough to get us out this league. 

17 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

We are the 6th lowest scorers in the division . Id say Rhodes is Absolutely what we need.  

When I see comments like this I always think back to 89-90. We had possibly our best ever strike partnership with Hirst and Atkinson. I think we scored twice in the first ten games.

We brought in a midfielder and a fullback and we started scoring. Then a second fullback. Although we were relegated, due to an end of season collapse, it wasn't due to inadequate forwards or lack of goals.

The problem then, as today, was our inability to create the chances for our forwards. 

There have been a few posts recently knocking our fullbacks. As we use fullbacks for a major part of our attacking style, perhaps they have a point.

7 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

When I see comments like this I always think back to 89-90. We had possibly our best ever strike partnership with Hirst and Atkinson. I think we scored twice in the first ten games.

We brought in a midfielder and a fullback and we started scoring. Then a second fullback. Although we were relegated, due to an end of season collapse, it wasn't due to inadequate forwards or lack of goals.

The problem then, as today, was our inability to create the chances for our forwards. 

There have been a few posts recently knocking our fullbacks. As we use fullbacks for a major part of our attacking style, perhaps they have a point.

My point exactly. 

What a brilliant post. Rhodes plays like Hooper, given the chance he will score. Said many of times, we don't create enough! How many shots did we have combined against Preston/Wolves? Not a lot. Wallace last year created more chances than anybody, hasn't created a fraction of that this year. 

10 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

This 100%

Perhaps if we had more creativity from wide positions even big Dave would score more.

As fifth choice forward, costing a small fraction of what Rhodes would cost, I think it would be more productive to stick with Nihiu and invest elsewhere. [Unless we can do both].

52 minutes ago, abdiwonderland said:

How come he's scored more goals than Pele and only had one promotion in his career, when you could argue the job was already done. 

He isn't what we need. We need balance in the midfield and 90 minute displays. The players we have are good enough. Let them play! 

the lad talks sense

Guest everydays_wednesday
18 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Means nothing without the minutes per goal stats.

:duntmatter:

Owlstalk now means nothing without a minutes per Jordan Rhodes thread....

1 hour ago, abdiwonderland said:

Completely agree. 

If you watch Fletcher during the game he'll look to roll off the defenders and you can actually see him pointing were he wants the ball played. However, the player with the ball invariably passes it out to the wing and that's our biggest problem because crosses are wee wee-easy to defend against