Carlos Had A Dream

With all the money flowing into football the system has changed attitudes, loyalty and power bases...many would say for the worse. The vast majority of fans today yurn to hire a loyal, passionate and eloquent manager. We might not always agree with him but Chansiri found him where no one saw him coming. Let's not contribute to this negative spiral in the system and embrace what a cracking personality he is at the Club so we can robustly rebuild a club fit to fight in the future.

He talks to the media..."this is Sheffield Wednesday". How many other managers have embraced us in this way? He is our first foreign manager (I believe?). We want Carlos for the long hall...to build the team, training facilities, the culture...he has a dream so let him get on with it. How are the players talking about him?...

Ok...some signings have been disappointing so far but let him do his job...it's a process and he is showing his loyalty all the time. A better atmosphere at home games really drives the team on...it gives players even more belief. Some fans are like spoilt brats who don't remember our darker hours...

My worry is some fans will have the "oops" moment if they end up driving CC and some of the top players away. They really don't know how good we have it right now...even if we don't make it up this season...Carlos should still be given more time. It's not just the 1st eleven that needs building...a sustainable Club does.

Carlos Had A Dream so let him try to live it with us.

UTO, FTB, WAWAW

Think you should be talking about Chansiri aswell.

As ultimately he is going to be the one to take us back into the big time.

Carlos is just going to be the one driving the juggernaut.

:manager:

Edited by pazowl55

Dreams are fine but whoever is responsible for player recruitment needs to step it up because they are jeopardising the dream at the moment and wasting cash (which is limited) hand over fist on players who dont feature/aren't needed (abdi and urby) or who simply arent worth the price paid (adam reach).

Need to address the fundamental weaknesses of the squad - full backs, more cover at centre back and more options up front as goals have dried up. 

Dream is on if he can sort this. Tbf, most of it has been needed since Wembley.

Edited by BC1867

8 hours ago, BC1867 said:

Dreams are fine but whoever is responsible for player recruitment needs to step it up because they are jeopardising the dream at the moment and wasting cash (which is limited) hand over fist on players who dont feature/aren't needed (abdi and urby) or who simply arent worth the price paid (adam reach).

Need to address the fundamental weaknesses of the squad - full backs, more cover at centre back and more options up front as goals have dried up. 

Dream is on if he can sort this. Tbf, most of it has been needed since Wembley.

Agreed. Compare and contrast swfc and Brighton summer recruitment. They tweaked a little and have found another gear and I expect them to win the title. We signed 8 players at huge expense, only 2 or 3 of whom get game time. Consequently we play almost the same starting 11 as last season and we have regressed

Guest Copthorneowl
9 hours ago, TotalSWFC said:

With all the money flowing into football the system has changed attitudes, loyalty and power bases...many would say for the worse. The vast majority of fans today yurn to hire a loyal, passionate and eloquent manager. We might not always agree with him but Chansiri found him where no one saw him coming. Let's not contribute to this negative spiral in the system and embrace what a cracking personality he is at the Club so we can robustly rebuild a club fit to fight in the future.

He talks to the media..."this is Sheffield Wednesday". How many other managers have embraced us in this way? He is our first foreign manager (I believe?). We want Carlos for the long hall...to build the team, training facilities, the culture...he has a dream so let him get on with it. How are the players talking about him?...

Ok...some signings have been disappointing so far but let him do his job...it's a process and he is showing his loyalty all the time. A better atmosphere at home games really drives the team on...it gives players even more belief. Some fans are like spoilt brats who don't remember our darker hours...

My worry is some fans will have the "oops" moment if they end up driving CC and some of the top players away. They really don't know how good we have it right now...even if we don't make it up this season...Carlos should still be given more time. It's not just the 1st eleven that needs building...a sustainable Club does.

UTO, FTB, WAWAW

Spot on very good share that view entirely.

I do worry Carlos sounded tired himself after Wolves. And fair play to him, his family are in Portugal and he's over here in what must be a very high pressured job.

I also think Carlos is still learning the English game - people say he's been 'found out' but I actually think he's still finding out what it takes to get Wednesday up. That's no bad thing, as that where most other managers are at - and I'd prefer a manager who learns as he goes rather than one with one set gameplan that he cannot deviate from.

We need to stick with him - we've gone from relegation fodder to mid-table (under Gray) to play-off chasers in about 3 years.... the trajectory is upwards not downwards. KEEP THE FAITH

Remember last year when Carlos did a press conference & spoke about the difference it made when the fans at one of his old clubs collectively got behind a struggling player instead of pillorying him?

He asked us to buy in to an ethos of positivity & said it would show on the pitch.

Believe in The Owls and we will perform.

13 hours ago, TotalSWFC said:

Ok...some signings have been disappointing so far but let him do his job...it's a process and he is showing his loyalty all the time. A better atmosphere at home games really drives the team on...it gives players even more belief. Some fans are like spoilt brats who don't remember our darker hours years...

UTO, FTB, WAWAW

Great post but needed some fine tuning.

When ever these threads / debates about should Carlos Carvalhal be here after end of season occur everyone assumes he wants to stay. Might be he thinks 2 years in England is enough and wants to go back to Portugal probably for family reasons. If we go up I would think he would want a crack at the Premiership if not I would say its a bit doubtful he wants to stay himself. No insider knowledge just a hunch.