Sign in to follow this  
offalyowl

Conor hourinane

offalyowl

I know we have loads of midfielders but he is that good that we should at least look at him and maybe place a bid, Norwich are looking at him and Martin o niell talking him and he leads the championship with goals and assists so what ye think fellow owls fans 

uto 

• Agree 3

Kanye West

These threads really are becoming painful.

• Agree 8
  • Disagree 1

domSWFC

Swap for McGugan. 

He's out of contract in the summer, so Barnsley either need to convince him to sign a new contract or cash in now. 

StudentOwl
7 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

These threads really are becoming painful.

I don't disagree with the OP, but ffs people don't want to come on Owlstalk's matchday homepage and see if half full with names of footballers at other clubs

Transfer megathread exists for a reason @offalyowl

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 2

offalyowl

Totally agree swap would do nicely cause he is that good 

offalyowl
1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

I don't disagree with the OP, but ffs people don't want to come on Owlstalk's matchday homepage and see if half full with names of footballers at other clubs

I don't have time to do that cause I work and don't have time to stay on it and read all the replies on that so I just started the thread 

• Agree 7
  • Disagree 2

Costello 77
4 minutes ago, offalyowl said:

I don't have time to do that cause I work and don't have time to stay on it and read all the replies on that so I just started the thread 

Wait til you get home then.

• Agree 2

StudentOwl
11 minutes ago, offalyowl said:

I appreciate you may not have time, but far more people will do as I've done and be annoyed you've created it in the first place and clogged up Matchday than actually engage in the conversation. I wouldn't worry about you not having enough time to reading the responses to this thread, you'll be lucky if it gets over a page. I promise, you'll get a much more positive response and more likely to create discussion if this goes in the megathread... it's nowt against you, just how it is. People don't want to come on Matchday and see 15 threads on the first page about 15 different non-Wednesday players and why we should sign them.

Anyway, last I'll say on the topic, I don't wanna keep bumping this up. If other people including yourself want to discuss it feel free... but I'd be surprised if you get more than half a dozen responses that try and discuss Hourihane

Edited by StudentOwl
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 8

aeroswfc

How many topics on same player do we need.

• Agree 2

i used to be sc_owl
36 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Megathreads become exclusive though. Casual posters don't have the time to trawl through fifty page threads. 

• Agree 6

Kanye West
18 minutes ago, ramone said:

Forgive him, for some reason, student owl seems to think he runs owlstalk recently.

If you want to create a topic for discussion then feel free to do so. I, like you, have a job which I can't sit for hours trawling through thread after thread...

In answer to to your question, yes I think he would be a fantastic signing. 

He's not wrong though, it's becoming tedious. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

ramone
5 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

He's not wrong though, it's becoming tedious. 

There's a real easy solution... 

Maddogbob
21 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Megathreads become exclusive though. Casual posters don't have the time to trawl through fifty page threads. 

This I why we are not a fan of megathreads, as news and opinion basically get lost in the void.

• Agree 1

Last_Great_Hope
32 minutes ago, ramone said:

Forgive him, for some reason, student owl seems to think he runs owlstalk recently.

If you want to create a topic for discussion then feel free to do so. I, like you, have a job which I can't sit for hours trawling through thread after thread...

In answer to to your question, yes I think he would be a fantastic signing. 

Bloody jobs. You people need to take your Owlstalking seriously and start putting the time in.

• Agree 2

offalyowl

i don't care about that all I want to know what about Conor hourinane the rest I don't care about 

pgmetcalf

Mark talking balls again

HalfFull
40 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I disagree with the highlighted part of your post..

During transfer windows I believe that many people come onto to Owlstalk in the hope of seeing comments/speculation about players. As can be been in this thread, some people do not want to trawl through 'megathreads'.

The fact that the site administrators have seen fit to allow individual threads as well as megathreads suggests they believe both can co-exist. If they are not happy they will take appropriate action. In the meantime, perhaps you wouldn't mind if people posted what they like. As a matter of interest, why did you single out this particular thread? Perhaps you could have posed a similar question to the originator of the megathread, who has also posted yet another 'Jordan Rhodes' thread.

The level of self-importance that comes across in many of your posts gives you no right to tell other posters what or where to post.

• Agree 5

fpowl

Don't mind a new thread my self the transfer mega thread tends to get over run by arguments and squabbles and that becalmed painful ploughing through them all to get to what as only been one rumour in 10 pages 

• Agree 1

Kanye West
16 minutes ago, ramone said:

There's a real easy solution... 

Solution being what?