Keiran Lee replacement

Just now, Kameron said:

Yep, three people now collect data sat just below the press area in the south stand, they must be wasting their time though.

Do those three do your thinking for you?

Perhaps there should be a three man panel for the best looking bird or which mortgage to be on.

Guest Kameron
3 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Do those three do your thinking for you?

Perhaps there should be a three man panel for the best looking bird or which mortgage to be on.

Nope, I've constantly said the midfield is not strong enough and that we will never be promoted whilst Carlos is the manager.  If Lee was that good the better sides would be sniffing.

11 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

If we need better than Lee, where does that leave the other 10 in your eyes?

With the exception of Westwood and Hutchinson the others have underperformed but I put a lot of that down to Carlos and his tactics. But you state Lee is a key player for us. Today he managed 16 touches on the ball and 22 against Rotherham although that's based on 45 minutes of play. His involvement is minimal compared to other players. Bannan who has not lived up to last seasons standards at least takes responsibility in wanting the ball, tracking back and closing players down. His involvement in the game is much greater than Lee's.

1 minute ago, Ronnie Starling said:

With the exception of Westwood and Hutchinson the others have underperformed but I put a lot of that down to Carlos and his tactics. But you state Lee is a key player for us. Today he managed 16 touches on the ball and 22 against Rotherham although that's based on 45 minutes of play. His involvement is minimal compared to other players. Bannan who has not lived up to last seasons standards at least takes responsibility in wanting the ball, tracking back and closing players down. His involvement in the game is much greater than Lee's.

It's not fair to quote a game or two in summary of a player..and you know it.

Don't you?

7 minutes ago, Kameron said:

Nope, I've constantly said the midfield is not strong enough and that we will never be promoted whilst Carlos is the manager.  If Lee was that good the better sides would be sniffing.

It's amazing that many said we needed to be more physical in midfield when Bannan and Lee were there. Carlos said it was nonsense. Now he has realised he was wrong and that's why Hutch is in there now. Lee isn't a dominant midfielder that's take control of the game and I have noticed this more this season as our midfield has not controlled many games.

5 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

It's not fair to quote a game or two in summary of a player..and you know it.

Don't you?

It's not fair to justify a point with facts. Is that what you are saying?

Well it was 52 touches against Barnsley 35 v Reading 45 v Preston. Not exactly the domineering midfielder is he?

14 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Bannan is a fkn joke at the moment, complete bottler who continually plays the hollywood ball. When fit lee is far superior

1 minute ago, Ronnie Starling said:

It's not fair to justify a point with facts. Is that what you are saying?

Well it was 52 touches against Barnsley 35 v Reading 45 v Preston. Not exactly the domineering midfielder is he?

Stats Ronnie.

I don't think he's a domineering mid.

He's box to box. He's the glue in a lot of our link up play.

He covers a lot of our players arses when they go AWOL.

He harries and and makes life very awkward for the opponent.

He chips a few goals in and makes opportunities for others.

He's tricky and skillful at times and never shirks a tackle.

Always fit and available.

He may have some vulnerabilities but doesn't every championship player?

48 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

but that's due to the injury pal and If I remember right Rotherham was another game he could only manage half a game

1 hour ago, Costello 77 said:

Lee is an exceptional midfield player.

If you want to highlight one mistake in isolation, then we can play a game.

You show where he's gone wrong in the last two seasons and I'll counter?

Exceptional?   He's everything that's wrong with this team.  We end up playing 2 better footballers out of position in Reach and Bannan.

The midfield at Newcastle was the best I've seen all season.  

3 minutes ago, whyte_owl said:

Exceptional?   He's everything that's wrong with this team.  We end up playing 2 better footballers out of position in Reach and Bannan.

All my Christmas food is going to come out of my arse in a minute.

Ive been doing kop farts for an hour.

As I flush, I'll be thinking of you.

4 minutes ago, whyte_owl said:

The Newcastle game was atypical - a huge crowd, opponents top of the league, a team that brought the game to us. It was about digging in and control - totally different from many of our games especially most home games. 

Guest Kameron
Just now, Costello 77 said:

All my Christmas food is going to come out of my arse in a minute.

Ive been doing kop farts for an hour.

As I flush, I'll be thinking of you.

When was the last time Lee played really well?

42 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Stats Ronnie.

I don't think he's a domineering mid.

He's box to box. He's the glue in a lot of our link up play.

He covers a lot of our players arses when they go AWOL.

He harries and and makes life very awkward for the opponent.

He chips a few goals in and makes opportunities for others.

He's tricky and skillful at times and never shirks a tackle.

Always fit and available.

He may have some vulnerabilities but doesn't every championship player?

This is probably the worst post I've read on here.  He goes missing regularly.  He's not box to box.

Hutch carries him.  He's not half as skillful as Bannan.  I'm fit and available, but I'm not good enough

to play for us.  He's the most overrated player we've had for a long time.  He is rated number 138

in the Championship on this site.......about right on my opinion.

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/7/Seasons/6365/Stages/13832/PlayerStatistics/England-Championship-2016-2017

If we're looking to replace kieren lee with his qualities of fitness and energy as is being suggested there 

maybe we should play reach there no that macca is here

personsonally I think we should play players in their positions  an if we with what we have at our disposal especially in centre mid this topic shouldn't even be an issue 

for the record I wouldn't play reach there just raising debate