Fans

2 hours ago, Jowl said:

Half of those fans there today deserve nowt. 

The grumble and moan and even boo - even by half time. 

Do do people forget where we've come from. Do they forget we haven't lost, we're 6th in the league ?

idiots. 

I grumbled somewhat, i've hardly missed a game since '91

Prat.

2 hours ago, Jowl said:

Do do people forget where we've come from. Do they forget we haven't lost, we're 6th in the league ?

idiots. 

Your knowledge of football is clearly on a par with your knowledge of all thing I.T related.

Non existent.

2 hours ago, Jowl said:

idiots. 

People turn up now and expect a win.  They want to turn up and be entertained.  It's like they are going to the cinema.  I don't understand it.

2 hours ago, horny owl said:

Sometimes the players have to get the spark going on the pitch

Cant blame the fans for our players or tactics being below the standard required

And this proves my point.  You're a supporter, so support the team.  We've had enough years of cack so why not give everything to get behind the team now we're doing well.  OK the performance wasn't anything special but the number of times the crowd has pushed the team over the line this season should be evidence enough to that point.

Our biggest issue this season is the weight of expectation from the stands.  For some reason everyone seems to think we should be 10 points clear at the top of the league.

Just not bothered...

2 hours ago, Jowl said:

idiots. 

Kop was packed full of middle aged self entitled man babies today being mardy cos we didnt win on their last day of their holidays...booing like 10 year olds at the pantomime

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

Guest The Horse

What gets fans singing?  Excited? 

Attacking play / flair that gets us off our arses.

Like home teams are supposed to do. 

The majority of our play this season has been simply - boring.

And that's the problem.

6 minutes ago, Geosword said:

What gets fans singing?  Excited? 

Attacking play / flair that gets us off our arses.

Like home teams are supposed to do. 

The majority of our play this season has been simply - boring.

And that's the problem.

Why can't you get behind them irrespective of how they are playing?  Maybe the positive attitude coming from the stands will give the players that little extra boost they need.  It's certainly not going to make it a worse place to be that's for sure.

Just not bothered...

This fan enjoyed it as did his sisters and parents. They tried several times to get the crowd singing but they were wasted on the grandstand !!  Matthew enjoyed his first time IMG_20170102_195209_800.jpg

But didn't like not scoring (though he did jump and cheer for 5 minutes when he thought sasso had scored early on!).

I've been to three games since Chansiri took over,  Wembley,  ipswich and  today.  Seem to get worse each time,  you had me all believing we were a better team these days!!! 

Don't mind though,  while a win is always great for this part timer it always feels special getting to Hillsborough as its a  rarity and feels even better when I can share it with the kids.  You don't support only through the good times,  you support through the bad ones too. We are Sheffield Wednesday,  in all moments  great or not and we clasped the players off the pitch regardless of others booing.

Guest The Horse
1 minute ago, mattitheowl said:

Why can't you get behind them irrespective of how they are playing?  Maybe the positive attitude coming from the stands will give the players that little extra boost they need.  It's certainly not going to make it a worse place to be that's for sure.

I do get behind the team - I've never ever booed a player in my life. 

For the majority of the match, the crowd applauded runs and passes that nearly pulled off.

But nothing to get us excited. 

Totally agree about not booing, that will not help at all but can see why the crowd is not roaring for 90 mins - we're boring people out of the ground.

Just now, Geosword said:

I do get behind the team - I've never ever booed a player in my life. 

For the majority of the match, the crowd applauded runs and passes that nearly pulled off.

But nothing to get us excited. 

Totally agree about not booing, that will not help at all but can see why the crowd is not roaring for 90 mins - we're boring people out of the ground.

The crowd roared for about 90 seconds in total today.  They put in about as much passion and engagement as most of the squad.  Works both ways IMO.

Just not bothered...

The atmosphere at Hillsborough has been crap for a long time. It's embarrassingly quiet even when we are winning.

You only have to look at this thread to see that there are a lot of self entitled people who go to games and expect to be entertained before they feel they should put any effort in. Usual comments about players earning loads of money and it's up to the team to get the fans going. 

Look at games like the Brighton semi final last year. The atmosphere was electric from the start and it transmitted to the team.

Obviously people pay their money and it's up to them what they do at games but all I hear is moaning most of the time all game long. 

Our home fans are rubbish tbh.

Guest Copthorneowl
7 minutes ago, darklord said:

This fan enjoyed it as did his sisters and parents. They tried several times to get the crowd singing but they were wasted on the grandstand !!  Matthew enjoyed his first time IMG_20170102_195209_800.jpg

But didn't like not scoring (though he did jump and cheer for 5 minutes when he thought sasso had scored early on!).

I've been to three games since Chansiri took over,  Wembley,  ipswich and  today.  Seem to get worse each time,  you had me all believing we were a better team these days!!! 

Don't mind though,  while a win is always great for this part timer it always feels special getting to Hillsborough as its a  rarity and feels even better when I can share it with the kids.  You don't support only through the good times,  you support through the bad ones too. We are Sheffield Wednesday,  in all moments  great or not and we clasped the players off the pitch regardless of others booing.

Great post matey glad you are your children enjoyed what was sadly not the best game. Things can only get better as they say but pleased for you to take your kids. Well done thought about you when it was apparently dull.

Fanbooing is really poor but people pay the dosh  and can do what they want. I despise it and the players will become nervous at home and prefer to be away and that's a problem which other clubs have had and our players deserve better.