One of worst performances under CC?

Without doubt the worst performance of the season... don't know how we got a point but I'm not complaining! 

As a result I think we can be chuffed to bits, especially when you take the last two games as a whole. 4 points from Newcastle and Preston away and you'd bite anyone's hand off and say thanks very much, so in that... fantastic.

But let's never, ever have a performance as bad as that again... please? :duntmatter:

FFS if we don't win every game, it's a whingefest on here. Preston lost their last game 4-1, there was no way they were going to leave themselves open today. They're a typical championship team that will not go up and not go down, they'll take points off teams because they're a niggly team and they chance their arm to see what they can get away with.

We've not played well but we've hung in there and got a point in the end and that in itself tells you what we're all about, fighting to the end.

We're genuine play-off contenders. There is a gap to bridge to automatic but we'll get there. It may take 2 or 3 more transfer windows but we'll get there. I'll take the direction we're going in compared to where we were 3 years ago.

28 minutes ago, Helen Waddle said:

There's no doubt we need some better firepower up front - we cannot seem to score many goals even on the days (and there have been quite a few) when we've dominated play.

BUT - yet again, despite what all seem to agree was a poor performance - we did NOT give up and rescued a point from the jaws of defeat.

because it was about the performance and not the result

38 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Must be one of the worst , especially for it to happen after the Newcastle performance.Stole a point from Preston,at least wee pipe Turpin wore a mask.

Wee pipe Turpin...the swear filter strikes again.

Other famous wee pipes

wee pipe Dastardly

Moby wee pipe

wee pipe Van Dyke

56 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

FFS if we don't win every game, it's a whingefest on here. Preston lost their last game 4-1, there was no way they were going to leave themselves open today. They're a typical championship team that will not go up and not go down, they'll take points off teams because they're a niggly team and they chance their arm to see what they can get away with.

We've not played well but we've hung in there and got a point in the end and that in itself tells you what we're all about, fighting to the end.

We're genuine play-off contenders. There is a gap to bridge to automatic but we'll get there. It may take 2 or 3 more transfer windows but we'll get there. I'll take the direction we're going in compared to where we were 3 years ago.

It's not a whinge fest mate, 

We've got every right to slam the team after that, it was appalling

Absolutely stolen a point. 2nd best all over the pitch.

1 hour ago, sweetsheri said:

It's not a whinge fest mate, 

We've got every right to slam the team after that, it was appalling

Absolutely stolen a point. 2nd best all over the pitch.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion and we've been lucky today and there's been other times where we may have got away with it this season.

I would say that's one aspect where we've improved, we're picking up points when we're not at it and to get promoted that's what you have to do. Over a 46 game season no side is at it's best all the time. 

I think we sometimes forget where we've come from in a short space of time. It wasn't that long ago when we were relegation fodder but now we're genuine play-off contenders. I do think a lot of fans are having a pop because of a generally held view that we wasted a lot of money since the summer. I do think the recruitment wasn't as wasteful as most think and I do think it'll still come good.

I think we're still short of being automatic promotion challengers and scoring goals is a problem but I don't think it's as simple as going out and getting Jordan Rhodes. I think we still need some tweaking but we're not far away and even though performances haven't been at the level of last season, I still think we're moving in the right direction and that sometimes gets lost on here in the heat of the moment.

We've all seen Wednesday sides capitulate, give up, get overrun, drop their heads.  At least behaved as a team until the very end and were justly rewarded with a goal.  Bad performance but I've seen a lot worse.   I like the team spirit we have....good to come away from that with a point.