Preston vs Sheffield Wednesday - Official Matchday Thread

Guest mrbluesky
5 minutes ago, dumboldowl said:

The number of posters on here claiming that we were lucky , or that we didn't deserve it, beggars belief.  We lose or draw a dozen games every season that we didn't deserve to lose or draw, so why can't people just be satisfied that we gained a point playing away from home against a difficult side to beat?

In the final count-up an undeserved  point will be of equal value to a highly deserved one.

It would be nice for us to play like Brazil every game Brighton/Newcastle and Weeds (consistency) , but until then lets be thankful for what we've got.

Guest mrbluesky
Just now, Lawrie Madden said:

oooo casual homophobia 

doth he protest too much i ask myself 

Bless,sensitive and not very football savvy.

Got to be a Queen!!lol 

Guest mrbluesky
3 minutes ago, Corneliusreeve said:

Loosing the argument so starts to get personal. 

What have you got against gay people?

Please let us know. 

*Losing(drives me mad does that,as much as inconsistency)

You infer me a... and I quote "a miserable tw@t" , should I take this as "loosing the argument so starts to get personal"? lol

Come on Queeny chins up;-)

Ahh the old "what have you got against gay people":rolleyes:, talk about loosing the argument;-)

Just for reference you are the one that deems it an `argument`,you joined the discussion and made an opening statement with your good friend LM not me fella,Rhino skin me!

1 minute ago, mrbluesky said:

*Losing(drives me mad does that,as much as inconsistency)

You infer me a... and I quote "a miserable tw@t" , should I take this as "loosing the argument so starts to get personal"? lol

Come on Queeny chins up;-)

Ahh the old "what have you got against gay people":rolleyes:, talk about loosing the argument;-)

Just for reference you are the one that deems it an `argument`,you joined the discussion and made an opening statement with your good friend LM not me fella,Rhino skin me!

We didn't lose though.

Guest mrbluesky
Just now, Corneliusreeve said:

We didn't lose though.

Great response!!

It`s the `bigger picture` I worry about, not a single game.

18 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Would have gone 3rd with a win. :-(

a little tip ...don't look where we could be look where we are coz its a pointless exercise and usually leads to disappointment ....anyway look on the bright side we were a minute away from being 7th so not a bad  point in the end . 

Can't stop watching the clip of the goal. Which is a little odd in a way, like why celebrate a 1-1 draw away at Preston? Well, on reflection it was a tough game and Preston made us look very ordinary. Having read through some of their forums that is being kind at best. But football is all about chances like the one witnessed at the end of the game. At the end of the season this could be looked back on as an important point. I have the same feeling now after the 2-2 game with Oldham when Sheridan scored the two penalties.

I also enjoy watching the faces and reactions of the players and then I will re-watch with just my focus on the crowd. The stillness of the crowd up until the goal went in would suggest they didn't think we'd even score. Then when it went in, oh baby.

If you look closely at Joao as well he is trying to head the ball at goal but 50 pees it backwards, which worked out okay I guess.

Anyway, rattled on a bit. One more time .....

On 12/31/2016 at 06:55, pauli said:

Miserable turdlords have tried to usurp your beloved official matchday thread starter. i have been forced to use hit and run tactics.

Official Matchday Song: Soupy by Maggie Thrett....

memories for me there Pauli

can't stop grinning - misspent youth and plus a few years haha

4 seasons influenced Linzer/Stroller & Crewe - get in and happy new year mate