Jordan Rhodes and Sheffield Wednesday - Latest

11 hours ago, Arnold said:

Get ball in in the box.  Winnall has scored the most headed goals this season but we never once got a cross onto his head.  

Brighton's centre halves are both registered giants. We could have been crossing balls in until now, he still wouldn't have won a header.

15 minutes ago, 5318008 said:

Brighton's centre halves are both registered giants. We could have been crossing balls in until now, he still wouldn't have won a header.

Maybe not, but put them in and let's see shall we, more people in there will give them more to worry about than looking after one.

At one point in the second half, there were three of our players outside the left corner of their box, it got crossed in to only two in the box.

But even without more, put more crosses in and see the confusion it causes, like for the goal, because on that occasion someone was busting a gut to get there.

23 minutes ago, 5318008 said:

Not just Brighton.  We never do

24 minutes ago, BingleyOwl said:

I genuinely like the guy. And...

Many people say that we must be grateful for the fantastic work done by CC to get us into the position we currently are. However, he's had the most money to spend conpared to all of our previous managers. We are severely underperforming in relation to the total amount spent on transfers and wages over the last 2 seasons. I think he'll be given until the end of the season.

I agree he is likeable, but who cares? If he doesn't get us up this season he has got to move over.

I like Wallace, think he's underrated BUT we do need someone with devastating pace who can leave defenders for dead.  McManaman could be that player and I like what I've seen from him so far. Shown more already than Mcgeady did. Obviously needs to calm down but if he can be disciplined in his play he could be a big player for us from now on. 

Edited by BIG D

2 hours ago, Big Jack said:

People talk about crosses into the box and we must have had about a dozen corners on Friday, who is to say Rhodes wouldn't have got his head on one or 2. Brighton defended them excellently. Still I guess corners don't count as crosses.:excl:

When we did start to get crosses in the box (btw the players are good enough and could get plenty of crosses in, seems they are not allowed until losing or last 15 mins).....anyhow i digress......when we did start to get crosses in, Winall was sat on the bench, if we did get Rhodes, more than likely they would both have been on the bench....kin crazy

13 hours ago, sweetsheri said:

Our defence has nearly a record number of clean sheets yet our goal difference is 5.

Our defence is the reason we are 6th. With the amount of creative talent we have that shouldn't be the case.

Or maybe, just maybe, the two things are linked. It takes more than 4 players to keep a record number of clean sheets. Very few clubs can concede few and score loads. It's always one thing or the other.

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Wouldn't it be 2-2

Not how you're thinking no, butterfly effect ain't it 

had we scored the penalty we could have won 1-2, or 1-3. Or it could have been 2-2, or 3-2.  No one can know, but had we been 1-2 up then our chances of winning the game would have increased greatly 

Guest Copthorneowl
41 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Wouldn't it be 2-2

Not for a minute Guru it could have stayed 2-1 to us but more likely they would have thrown the kitchen sink and we'd have got another. Would never have been 2-2 imo but we'll never know. What we can say is we would almost certainly have avoided two reds which will probably hurt us.

3 hours ago, bladeshater said:

FFS we missed a spot kick to win game and if it had gone in all these shiiiiite threads wouldn't exist 

We've scored 4 goals more than Rotherham and the same as Blackburn. Our problems scoring are deeper than missing 1 penalty. 

3 hours ago, bladeshater said:

FFS we missed a spot kick to win game and if it had gone in all these shiiiiite threads wouldn't exist 

But he did miss, we were crapola for 75 mins, should have won easy but it looked like we didn't want to win, Barcelona Brighton gave us stax of chances

20 minutes ago, kingsidney said:

We've scored 4 goals more than Rotherham and the same as Blackburn. Our problems scoring are deeper than missing 1 penalty. 

Our problems on Friday was , we were up against the best defence in the league. I am not worried about scoring we don't concede and Hopper back, Winnall signed and more to follow.

Edited by Big Jack