Jordan Rhodes and Sheffield Wednesday - Latest

59 minutes ago, SuperOwlsAreMagic said:

This new tight system we are playing is not working, it has cost us the chance of automatic promotion and now we are in danger of slipping out of the play-offs. We need to go for JR and shape the team around him and Hooper to give them a very good supply in the box. If we played with the fast  one touch football of last season we will rip teams in this league, but Carlos has to take the shackles of and go for it. We need to get Jordan and make him the main man to take over from FF as our talisman.

Yeah, definitely not working.

We are in play off spots, more points than last season, have won 13 games this season, but we just lost away to Brighton so let's' all slit our throats. Woe is me!

6 minutes ago, Paul Triplo said:

If we are not creating chances how have we managed to win 13 games this season?

Our defence has nearly a record number of clean sheets yet our goal difference is 5.

Our defence is the reason we are 6th. With the amount of creative talent we have that shouldn't be the case.

8 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Our defence has nearly a record number of clean sheets yet our goal difference is 5.

Our defence is the reason we are 6th. With the amount of creative talent we have that shouldn't be the case.

I agree about your comments on our defence, which is quite ironic when most on here (myself included) are of the opinion that we don't have a decent full back in the squad.

Guest Copthorneowl
12 minutes ago, Malblue said:

I think it's time to part company with CC

Wow worry to say we aren't on the same page mate.

Edited by Copthorneowl
Change worry to sorry

6 hours ago, Arnold said:

Get ball in in the box.  Winnall has scored the most headed goals this season but we never once got a cross onto his head.  

Like a bad de ja vu.

madine was similar albeit at a lower level. With 2 decent winger he was putting goals in for fun. With no dece not wingers and played upfront on his own suddenly he was rubbish.

7 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

?

LAstyear.jpg

now.jpg

10 goals down on last season......service or strikers? It is fair to say we have missed chances from inside the 6 yard box!

I do think we need a spark in midfield!

CH & JR = Premiership 2017/18!

Edited by Owls77

9 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

?

LAstyear.jpg

now.jpg

Looking at your table, those last six results were in the middle of our most successful and most exhilarating run of the season:-

Wolves 4-1

Brum 3-0

Boro 0-1 A

Fulham 1-0 A

Leeds 2-0

Bolton 3-2

Next up were...

Reading 1-1 A

Burnley 1-1

Brum 2-1 A

Brentford 4-0

21 goals in 10 matches. 

Almost all of this success and excitement had Hooper with Nuhiu or Joao, with FF left. Unfortunately, after one poor display at Preston, Carlos stopped playing the XI that had performed so excitingly, and we stopped scoring goals.

He only tried it four times after that; the 3-0 second half v Charlton, the 2-1 v Blackburn, the 3-0 defeat of Cardiff, and the Alamo second half v MKD after a dire toothless first half. Despite scoring eight in those exciting 270 minutes, we scored a measly 17 in our final 15, and we have continued with the same set up this season, with FF up front.

I hope that for the final 19 matches of this season we see FF thrilling us and scoring plenty down that left wing again, and Hooper/Winnall or Hooper/Fletcher giving us real threat and goals centrally.

3 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

The issue is how confusing our squad is. So if we play FF down the left, and I assume Reach at left back that's almost like accepting we have signed 3 left backs that won't play. 

I do think the water has been muddied by the shear number of bodies we brought through the  doors.

2 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

The issue is how confusing our squad is. So if we play FF down the left, and I assume Reach at left back that's almost like accepting we have signed 3 left backs that won't play. 

Does it matter if it produces the best team?

9 hours ago, Arnold said:

Get ball in in the box.  Winnall has scored the most headed goals this season but we never once got a cross onto his head.  

People talk about crosses into the box and we must have had about a dozen corners on Friday, who is to say Rhodes wouldn't have got his head on one or 2. Brighton defended them excellently. Still I guess corners don't count as crosses.:excl:

Edited by Big Jack

1 hour ago, Big Jack said:

People talk about crosses into the box and we must have had about a dozen corners on Friday, who is to say Rhodes wouldn't have got his head on one or 2. Brighton defended them excellently. Still I guess corners don't count as crosses.:excl:

A corner you have about 8/9 of there players in the box.  We don't have anyone wide to beat a man and get a ball in behind defenders.  Look at knockaerts second.  Who do we have to put a ball in like that I think a different style of play is more the answer than spending millions 

19 minutes ago, Arnold said:

A corner you have about 8/9 of there players in the box.  We don't have anyone wide to beat a man and get a ball in behind defenders.  Look at knockaerts second.  Who do we have to put a ball in like that I think a different style of play is more the answer than spending millions 

Actually Reach put some excellent crosses in the box, and not enough players busting a gut to get in there cue Kieran Lee. 

11 hours ago, Arnold said:

That's a big shout 

I genuinely like the guy. And...

Many people say that we must be grateful for the fantastic work done by CC to get us into the position we currently are. However, he's had the most money to spend conpared to all of our previous managers. We are severely underperforming in relation to the total amount spent on transfers and wages over the last 2 seasons. I think he'll be given until the end of the season.