Jordan Rhodes and Sheffield Wednesday - Latest

34 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Your post was we have to find a winning side stand by what you said and stop back tracking 

Its a thread about new signings, and Jordan Rhodes in particular Stick with what we have, that's what I say

4 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Let's be right, Winnall isn't fit to lace Rhodes jockstrap. 

How about we sign the best goal scorer in the Championship and then sort out getting the ball to him. 

Even so the football does have a knack of finding JR in the box. 

11 Goals in 20 games, it's all down to service, Rhodes isn't going to get the service he needs with the way we're playing. Unless we change back to last seasons style, he wont make much difference.

33 minutes ago, ohgoditsjames said:

11 Goals in 20 games, it's all down to service, Rhodes isn't going to get the service he needs with the way we're playing. Unless we change back to last seasons style, he wont make much difference.

I have to agree with this, it's pointless, given the cost, of trying to get Rhodes in. Win or lose, most of our games are like last nights, with very little on offer for the strikers. 

2 minutes ago, BIG D said:

A better player will add more to the performance. Like I said it'd be daft not to sign Rhodes if we had the chance. Would you like him lining up against us in the play offs?

Hooper, Winnall and Rhodes are all very similar players, give them the ball to their heads or their feet and they will score. We currently aren't doing that. CH would be perfect which is why I think we should just show Barnsley the big money to get him.

36 minutes ago, BIG D said:

A better player will add more to the performance. Like I said it'd be daft not to sign Rhodes if we had the chance. Would you like him lining up against us in the play offs?

Probably not, no, but I'm not sure it's enough of a reason to sign him. Could you honestly say, given the games you've seen this season, that he would thrive in this team? Maybe, the way we were playing last season, he'd have had more of a chance, but the same could be said for some of our existing players.

1 hour ago, ohgoditsjames said:

Last season's style of play...

Final 15 games we scored 17 (and six came in two matches)

We changed our approach after a superb run of exciting, goal-filled matches after Preston in Feb, and have been a one goal per game side since that day. That's 48 goals in the past 42 matches.

4 hours ago, BIG D said:

Its obvious that we are also after a midfielder (like Hourihane) so this would hopefully benefit a player like Rhodes.

just because we aren't creating a lot at the moment doesn't mean we shouldn't sign the best forward.

Absolutely. There's nothing to say signing Rhodes has to be at the expense of signing anyone else. 

Yes, there's a ceiling on what we can spend, but no one on here really has a clue what that is. We may be on the verge of shipping a couple of big earners out- who knows?

This new tight system we are playing is not working, it has cost us the chance of automatic promotion and now we are in danger of slipping out of the play-offs. We need to go for JR and shape the team around him and Hooper to give them a very good supply in the box. If we played with the fast  one touch football of last season we will rip teams in this league, but Carlos has to take the shackles of and go for it. We need to get Jordan and make him the main man to take over from FF as our talisman.

7 hours ago, sweetsheri said:

This says it all for me and is what's puzzling about the management of our players..

We have Wallace/Reach/Abdi/Macmanaman/Foerestieri/Bannan in our "squad" and

we can't provide any service..takes some doing that

If we are not creating chances how have we managed to win 13 games this season?