Jordan Rhodes and Sheffield Wednesday - Latest

The problem with Hooper is that he soon loses form, due to his physiology. Once he gets going he's a good striker, but any lay-offs and we're back to square one. Hooper lacks pace, but there again if he had it then he wouldn't be here. I wonder if Fletcher has got some chronic injury; Carlos referred to his "pains" a few times. The great hope is Winnall, and I just hope we get the ball to him as he wants.

3 minutes ago, ohgoditsjames said:

Rhodes won't help us, he won't get any service at all.

This says it all for me and is what's puzzling about the management of our players..

We have Wallace/Reach/Abdi/Macmanaman/Foerestieri/Bannan in our "squad" and

we can't provide any service..takes some doing that

34 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

This says it all for me and is what's puzzling about the management of our players..

We have Wallace/Reach/Abdi/Macmanaman/Foerestieri/Bannan in our "squad" and

we can't provide any service..takes some doing that

Baffling

There is no point having a squad with the striking quality of Rhodes, Hooper, Winnall, Fletcher, Forstieri etc when the supply in to the box is poor & our build up play & tactics allows the oppostion to regroup & organise before any ball comes into the box. 

I still firmly believe he would become a hero here, we are perfect for him both personally and professionally, but I agree we would need to supply him and without a change of tactics and/or players I can't see us doing that.

5 minutes ago, shez owl said:

I still firmly believe he would become a hero here, we are perfect for him both personally and professionally, but I agree we would need to supply him and without a change of tactics and/or players I can't see us doing that.

We have some great creative players mate, probably we are blessed with the best crop for decades..

They just aren't performing.

We've got a team of quality players, players that most in this division would want. Consider the wages we're paying too, especially when it transpires that Wood's on 17K a week. I can accept the parachute clubs and Brighton being ahead of us, but what's more difficult to accept is that Leeds, Reading and 'Udders are. It's a good job Derby had a poor start and that Villa and Norwich have been underperforming, or else we'd be in big trouble. Any of us could recommend to the chairman which players to buy; it's moulding them into a functioning unit which matters.

16 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

We have some great creative players mate, probably we are blessed with the best crop for decades..

They just aren't performing.

Yep, so something needs to change if that's formation/tactics/players or all of them I don't know.