Jordan Rhodes and Sheffield Wednesday - Latest

20 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Thing is...Rhodes is a terrific goalscorer. 

In saying that I don't think he's a player who can score a goal out of nothing. 

He's a player who comes alive in the 18 yard box, lives off good service. Unfortunately I don't think we have been anywhere near out best creatively this season. Why it is imperative that we hang onto FF and try and bring in other players who can provide service. 

A bit like Hooper

2 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Why do you feel the need to constantly call people names and insult them?

Do you get bullied in real life and this is your relief from reality?

giphy.gif

Keep crying about Reach getting the winner. 

34 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Thing is...Rhodes is a terrific goalscorer. 

In saying that I don't think he's a player who can score a goal out of nothing. 

He's a player who comes alive in the 18 yard box, lives off good service. Unfortunately I don't think we have been anywhere near out best creatively this season. Why it is imperative that we hang onto FF and try and bring in other players who can provide service. 

As you know, putting it lightly, I like my stats

Couldn't sleep a couple of nights ago, so I did some number crunching (oo-er). Turns out, shot for shot, Scott Hogan is more clinical this season than Jordan Rhodes was during his last full season at Blackburn (with Gestede pairing him) where he got 21 in 40 starts. 

True story

47 minutes ago, JUNNY said:

Take being simple everyday over deaf, deluded and gutless

There was a bloke at work who's nickname was kipper. He never knew how it came about and used to answer to it.

We called him that because he was two faced and gutless.

(nothing to do with any party to this discussion obviously)

Guest domSWFC

What would everyone prefer..?

1. We sign Rhodes

2. We have Owlstalk.

If he signs, it's definitely gonna break Owlstalk, and all of our lives will feel empty. 

10 hours ago, theowlsman said:

*Checks transfer window guidelines*.........

Oh yes, here it is. Para 23, bullet 4.......

"once negotiations have been concluded, with all parties in agreement of documented clauses and sub-clauses, and with registration details filed at Football League HQ, alongside confirmation that a contract has been completed, and signed by the respective player, else an agent acting on behalf of said player, then an announcement regarding the signing of the player, can be made public, but not prior to F.Spiksley having had his tea, or alternatively his dinner, should the term southern, shandy-drinking person of undeclared sexuality apply"

Brilliant.

Owlsman confirms.

Is official now!!

lol

1 hour ago, F. Spiksley said:

Brilliant.

Owlsman confirms.

Is official now!!

lol

I've confirmed nowt of the sort. 

Villa trying to get him on the cheap, using Gestede as leverage. Derby offloading several players to create manouvrebility in the market, and being linked most strongly now as a leading contender, although earlier reports suggested neither were interested

Meantime, we're being linked with Nugent, Jerome Sinclair (on loan), and Nakhi Wells. Which might suggest we've accepted any forage into the market for a striker, ought not to rely upon JR becoming available. 

I wish people wouldn't start these threads.

lol

Edited by theowlsman