Love the BBC SWFC homepage right now

10 hours ago, djorkaeff said:

Anti British, Politically Correct, Elitest Liberals collects regressive tax on poor people to pay themselves lots to tell the poor people what they should think. 

"Anti-British": still mad about Nadiya winning last year's Bake Off?

"Politically correct": ugh yeah, it's rubbish all this 'being fair to people' isn't it

"Tell the poor people what they should think": Stick to 3/4/5 fella, they actively discourage any thinking whatsoever regardless of income

Good grief

2 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

"Anti-British": still mad about Nadiya winning last year's Bake Off?

"Politically correct": ugh yeah, it's rubbish all this 'being fair to people' isn't it

"Tell the poor people what they should think": Stick to 3/4/5 fella, they actively discourage any thinking whatsoever regardless of income

Good grief

I'm sure Nadiya is British.

14 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

I mean, I'll all say about the BBC is that all I ever hear from my lefty friends that are suspicious of the media is that it's very right bias, and from my righty friends that are suspicious of the media is that it's very left bias.

If both sides think it's bias against them, it's probably doing a half decent job of sticking reasonably in the middle ground... 

That's possibly down to the fact that the left is more left than the right is right.

To a moderate, the BBC has a definite left-leaning bias, but they do put more effort in than most when it comes to not being too heavily biased.

1 minute ago, adifferentgame said:

That's possibly down to the fact that the left is more left than the right is right.

To a moderate, the BBC has a definite left-leaning bias, but they do put more effort in than most when it comes to not being too heavily biased.

That's possibly down to the fact that the right is more right than the left is left.

To a moderate, the BBC has a definite right-leaning bias, but they do put more effort in than most when it comes to not being too heavily biased.

1 minute ago, Holmes said:

That's possibly down to the fact that the right is more right than the left is left.

To a moderate, the BBC has a definite right-leaning bias, but they do put more effort in than most when it comes to not being too heavily biased.

Cute, but not an accurate reflection of UK politics. The "extreme right" is heavily marginalised (rightly so) whereas the "extreme left" is rather popular.

2 minutes ago, adifferentgame said:

Cute, but not an accurate reflection of UK politics. The "extreme right" is heavily marginalised (rightly so) whereas the "extreme left" is rather popular.

I would argue that the extreme right is gaining far more than the extreme left and is becoming more  and more acceptable. But a discussion for another thread.  

37 minutes ago, Freshfish said:

...I would love to see the evidence for the 'extreme left' being rather popular

"momentum" the labour infiltrating group are extreme left. You can find them easily - usually shouting racist, hater or biggot at anyone not in their echo chamber. 

Not it accepting citizenship and countries is extreme left. Liberals on steroids is as dangerous as anything on the right. The left don't see it and think they're better. 

That said tradition left/right doesn't hold. Take out nationalism (which doesn't mean right at all) and UKIP are more left than labour. Just not more liberal. 

Have you seen the BBC's apprentice or bakeoff selection policy? It's entirely based on tokenism and not ability. That's extreme. I'm moderate and take each person on just ability. 

4 minutes ago, djorkaeff said:

"momentum" the labour infiltrating group are extreme left. You can find them easily - usually shouting racist, hater or biggot at anyone not in their echo chamber. 

Not it accepting citizenship and countries is extreme left. Liberals on steroids is as dangerous as anything on the right. The left don't see it and think they're better. 

That said tradition left/right doesn't hold. Take out nationalism (which doesn't mean right at all) and UKIP are more left than labour. Just not more liberal. 

Have you seen the BBC's apprentice or bakeoff selection policy? It's entirely based on tokenism and not ability. That's extreme. I'm moderate and take each person on just ability. 

S**t he's back