Jamie Vardy

8 hours ago, yunga_swfc said:

I saw hirsty at Hallam game on Boxing Day, he was chatting away to anyone who came near him & posing for pics with kids, top bloke who had time for everyone 

as for vardy I don't know the lad but heard through friends of friends what he's like... wonder if he will put them stories in his book 

I think those stories will be for part 2 when his career is finished. If he tells the truth they'd make an ordinary man's hair curl lol 

13 hours ago, jambler said:

Hirst used to come in the Travellers pub on Halifax Road when George was training. Parents weren't allowed to watch so he would come in for a couple of pints. One of the nicest blokes. Just sat with us like he was one of our group and we chatted about everything. The odd person would come in and be starstruck like "OMG WHY ARE YOU SAT WITH DAVID HIRST" :laugh:

I've known Vardy since we were young kids. He's not always been the best behaved. But he's sorted himself out now and look where he is.

If only he'd  had come on Azza's stag.....2009. Still at Stocky then.

I think he went to

magaluf on another instead.  Haha

Glad the OP has mentioned this. In classic tight wad fashion I bought it for the Mother in law (Leicester fan) but read the book and when I realised what a mad Owl he is I gave it to mi nephew (Wednesday fan) as a Christmas present. 

I've read a good few footy auto biogs and this feels much more realistic and more revealing than most. I think that is due to the fact that unlike many a sports superstar, he had set backs along the way. I think it is also because it is riddled with references to Wednesday and to parts of Sheffield we can all relate to.

He still seems to be fighting a

few destructive instincts but I reckon if we went up and/or Leicester do a team rebuild next year he would join us.