Newcastle United vs Sheffield Wednesday football team

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

We niggled them all over the pitch

Problem? No. Apart from Pudil's attempt at a header in the first half, there was nothing there that could be considered overly aggressive. If they're getting worked up over a few shoulder barges and leaning into's, they've got a real problem. If Gayle had spent more time playing football instead of complaining he was being fouled (while the ref kept giving the fouls anyway), he may have added to his already impressive goal tally today. Alas, we kept him quiet by whatever means necessary and we get 3 points. 

They're not a patch on Brighton either...

True, it want a nasty game but they lacked shelveys physical presence

Brighton looked poor at Newcastle. We have given one of the better performances there.

10 hours ago, Helen Waddle said:

My Dad - who is 83 and a lifelong Owl - has never liked Geordies ever since one pushed in front of him in a queue at Derbyshire Miners Holiday Camp, Skegness, in 1969.

His response (and I would ring him to ask if it were not so late) would probably be "Mardy arses when they lose, aren't they?"

Just rang him and - entirely unprompted by me - when I told him what the Newcastle fans were saying last night, he said "They're just cheating mardy arses.  They used to get on my wick at t'camp..."

Guest mrbluesky
10 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Because you said we needed to replace 8 of last nights line up and that we are going backwards. You probably had too much sherry.

I think it may be you that may be tipsy on the sherry,read back what I said and the number of players. lol

The most ridiculous quote of the year ;-)