Which is the biggest rivalry, Barnsley or Rotherham?

Yeah half of Barnsley seem to be Wednesdayites. Don't mind the dingles too much tbh, always good to beat them but can't stand 'Rovrum' they're like some little yappy stray dog barking up at us, set of scrubbers. Proper tinpot them lot. Much rather see us and dingles in Prem and watch pigs, L##ds and rovrum rot. 

Wouldn't consider either one of them 'rivals'...

Just because Radio Sheffield spam the word 'derby' everyt ime teams within an hours drive away from each other play doesn't mean it is infact a derby or a rivalry of any sort.

Another game for us, biggest game of the season for them, always has been always will.

Here's the definitive list (not so much rivals as "wouldn't it be good to screw these nub suckers every time?")

Ushited

Arsenole

Rogerham

Barmsley

Neverton

Smellsea

Manurenited

Barselona (couldn't resist that - also it makes us look as though we are punching WAY above our weight. It's a trick I learned from Leeds supporters)

So there it is. We don't really have rivals at all!:rolleyes:

Derby games are between 2 clubs from the same city

I know TV and supporters of one club cities like to pimp a game to make it seem more important than it really is

But other than when we play dem Blavdes, everything else is just another game

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Thanks Robowl - all my life I've been searching for the words and "Yappy stray dog barking up at us" sums up Rovrum perfectly. Not a rival, just an irritation.

As regards Barnsley don't mind em winning as long as they are below us and same applies to Donny.

dem Blavdes are our only real rivals and it is shallow but I rejoice when they lose. 

Yet at the risk of upsetting some, when I look into my soul, for reasons inexplicable, my deepest loathing is for LUFC.

I was up there on Friday at the station and I had all on to stop miself yodelling that 70s terrace classic which bubbled up from deep within: "We all hate Leeds and Leeds and Leeds Leeds and Leeds and Leeds and Leeds. And Leeds and Leeds and Leeds we all foo@@**g hate Leeds."

What a lyric.

It would probably rightly be banned these days as incitement to zonal hatred. I realise, obviously, there must be some nice people who support them etc. It's just I've never met any. 

22 minutes ago, PeteG_1984 said:

Definitely Rotherham. Barnsley feel more like our little brothers whereas Rotherham firmly affiliate themselves with the pigs.

I also think Barnsley as a place is friendly but Rotherham just seems to be constant negativity (no offence to Rotherham owls).

Working with Barnsley fans and living in Rotherham its easy to spot the difference. Barnsley fans stick by club through thick and thin whilst a lot Rotherham fans go and support another club like Man Utd, Leeds or Liverpool when things aren't going well, they'll claim that they've always supported these clubs and only like Rotherham to do well, but soon as Rotherham are doing well its "always been a miller me. 

None of the above.

They're both foooking nobodies.

Inbred little 3rd cousins removed who try to make themselves look important by trying to whip up  non-existent rivalry with us.

We only have one rival and that's the woman assaulting scrubbers at the lane........ and they aren't even the second best team in sheffield at the minute.

C.u.n.t.s the lot of 'em.

Edited by OneDavidHirst

Neither are proper rivals but I've got a lot more respect for Barnsley as a club. I lived near Barnsley for a bit and whilst they don't like us their dislike is not the same as Rotherham. For me Barnsley have a case for belonging in this division, Rotherham don't.

Rotherham's love in with the Pigs is bizarre, they despise Wednesday despite what some may say, and I went to the New York Stadium a few years ago in a pre-season as a Hearts fan and I spoke with loads of them prior to and after the game about the local teams.

(Scotland's finest coincidentally were the first to beat the Mini Pigs in their new ground)

They had no idea of my Wednesday persuasion with my Scottish accent, or the fact that my family and I donated to the bucket rattlers when they came to Hillsborough years ago. They were nearly all quite clear in that they hated Wednesday, many weren't fussed about United, some even admitted they quite liked United, and I had to bite my tongue when speaking with them.

So to sum up Rotherham can GTF and I hope they get relegated back to the diddy leagues where they belong.

I visited a primary school in Rotherham a few weeks ago and they had SWFC written on the wall. Under each letter it said:

Sheffield's

Worst

Football 

Club

Think they must have been using it for the kids as an example of how to use the possessive apostrophe and superlative adjectives.