Very, very lucky.

I don't think we were lucky. We created the chance which gained us a penalty from a foul. Fletcher scored the pen. Our tactics changed the longer the game went on, to hit the 3 front men with long balls. This caused Rotherham to panic & foul Joao. The gorgeous irony is, if they hadn't fkd about feigning injury & delaying at every single throw-in & goal kick, there wouldn't have been time for us to score. Horrible spoiling tactics which rightly earned nothing & had a goal correctly ruled out for a foul. Now we really know why their fans didn't show up. Imagine watching that godawful tripe every week. Relegation looms & it's well deserved. FO!

The result masks a poor performance.

Officials didn't help either, not letting the game flow.

Whilst we were the more attacking side, we didn't offer much. It's been the case for most of the games this season. Took us till the 92nd minute for us to create anything of note.

Rotherham did what they could (wasting time etc as they have every right to do - we'd have done the same) They came here to do a job and had a plan. Fortunately for us, it wasn't successful. It's clear to see why they're bottom of the league but we weren't better than them in any way at all.

If we hadn’t won the last few games (which could’ve easily happened), we’d have been grumbling and there would be less jubilation. It’s fine margins at the moment and we’re getting that bit of lady luck.

Expected 6/6 from Barnsley & Rotherham. Even though we got them, I'm still not overly convinced. Still have my reservations on this team and where we're going this season but, for the moment, I'm content. Not getting carried away.

1 hour ago, eddyowl123 said:

The cracks of us being 6th in the league?

Granted we weren't great today, but we've also had good performances this season in games which we haven't won, so I'll take a scrappy 3 points today.

Sorry i dont agree with that at all. As i said in another thread, there hasnt really been any performances, bar the second half against Bristol City, that i have come away from the game thinking "Wow we've been brilliant" The performances this season so far have been well below par. Yes we might be in the playoffs but we cant just rely on luck and trying to hang on for dear life against teams.

Our attacks are so predictable.  It's almost as though the players are afraid to try anything spontaneous or risky.  Sometimes you need to take a chance and try a quick through ball or a first time cross.  We are so deliberate about what we do and it lacks urgency and directness.  I'm not advocating long ball football; I just think we need to be quicker and more adventurous at times.  When a team sets two banks of four against us, we struggle so much to break them down.

1 hour ago, eddyowl123 said:

The cracks of us being 6th in the league?

Granted we weren't great today, but we've also had good performances this season in games which we haven't won, so I'll take a scrappy 3 points today.

Yes, as the say, you have to win ugly sometimes. At the end of the day it is about getting 3 points. Rotherham parked the bus and made it hard, but we kept plugging away. 

I remember when we were in the bottom 6 regularly and posters saying we were cr@p.

We're in the top 6 and posters are still saying we are cr@p. 

If we won won the champions league there would still be posters saying we are cr@p.

In a nutshell we are a bunch of whinging negative posters :duntmatter:

Edited by Great Big Galaa