Troubled Mind

Not sure if the club uses a sports physcologist, but I think his troubles are in his mind. The lad has got all the physical qualities needed to make a first class striker, but I fear he needs to regain his confidence. For many top sportsmen the difference in quality is all about what's going between their ears. I'm sure CC is trying to give him confidence, but at the moment he's obviously struggling mentally. 

Guest BULGARIA
On Wednesday, December 14, 2016 at 13:38, aeroswfc said:

He should be scoring goals for fun.

Sorry to disagree aero but theres is nothing about this lightweight that would make me think this.

10 hours ago, East Yorks Owl said:

Not sure if the club uses a sports physcologist, but I think his troubles are in his mind. The lad has got all the physical qualities needed to make a first class striker, but I fear he needs to regain his confidence. For many top sportsmen the difference in quality is all about what's going between their ears. I'm sure CC is trying to give him confidence, but at the moment he's obviously struggling mentally. 

I don't think that's the case. You could pick out any number of players with the right physical qualities who aren't good enough.

the thing with joau for me is that he can't finish. There's just no conviction there.

i never feel confident in him in one on ones. 

9 minutes ago, ka58 said:

I don't think that's the case. You could pick out any number of players with the right physical qualities who aren't good enough.

the thing with joau for me is that he can't finish. There's just no conviction there.

i never feel confident in him in one on ones. 

Tbf ka I think his poor finishing is a symptom of his lack of confidence/ mental state.  It's all about what's going on between the ears and the poor lad looks a bit of a troubled soul to me.

19 minutes ago, East Yorks Owl said:

Tbf ka I think his poor finishing is a symptom of his lack of confidence/ mental state.  It's all about what's going on between the ears and the poor lad looks a bit of a troubled soul to me.

Maybe so and I'd love to be proven wrong. If he was to get one then maybe he would kick on.

i just look back on the season so far. and he should have scored away at Norwich Brentford and reading all of which could have turned results our way.

I think he'll start on Saturday and he needs to make an impact for me. In his defence he's come in from the cold and started the last 3 games so maybe a bit of tiredness came in on Tuesday.

2 hours ago, ka58 said:

Maybe so and I'd love to be proven wrong. If he was to get one then maybe he would kick on.

i just look back on the season so far. and he should have scored away at Norwich Brentford and reading all of which could have turned results our way.

I think he'll start on Saturday and he needs to make an impact for me. In his defence he's come in from the cold and started the last 3 games so maybe a bit of tiredness came in on Tuesday.

I'm sure he realises that he needs to take his chance whilst we have our main strikers our. It'd be great if he could grab a couple against Rotherham. Feel for him at the moment.

13 hours ago, East Yorks Owl said:

apart from a first touch, vision and the ability to finish. On top of which he's lazy and appears to be arrogant, which for someone with so little talent is worrying

the lad needs a loan stint in a lower league.

he looked a class prospect when he first signed so we have all seen he has it in him, he needs to be playing every week and scoring goals.

get the lad out on loan and give him some playing time

3 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

apart from a first touch, vision and the ability to finish. On top of which he's lazy and appears to be arrogant, which for someone with so little talent is worrying

Physical qualities as in height, power and pace. All the above are a reflection of his current total loss of confidence.  I'm sure he realises he's got to start making an impact now or his chances at Wednesday will become limited at best. 

For what it's worth I still think he's potentially a decent player. Desperately needs to get his mojo back pronto. 

4 minutes ago, East Yorks Owl said:

Physical qualities as in height, power and pace. All the above are a reflection of his current total loss of confidence.  I'm sure he realises he's got to start making an impact now or his chances at Wednesday will become limited at best. 

For what it's worth I still think he's potentially a decent player. Desperately needs to get his mojo back pronto. 

All about opinions mate and i respect yours. I just don't see it in him at all.