The Sam Hutchinson Appreciation Thread.

Guest Copthorneowl

Sounds from what some have said and those at the game that Bannan didn't take to being brought off. He can't really complain he's been treated almost as a 'special one' by Carlos

Hutchinson has been so vital all this year but it looks like he's becoming more important than ever, we're going to have to look after/protect him more. I'd probably like to have him subbed in the last 10 if we can get a decent lead (2 goals) seems a big if though.

16 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Sounds from what some have said and those at the game that Bannan didn't take to being brought off. He can't really complain he's been treated almost as a 'special one' by Carlos 

Neither him nor Joao were happy but both were fully deserved. 

Hopefully do Bannan some good.

1 hour ago, S_W_F_C said:

If we push the boat out in Jan for anyone it's got to be for someone who could cover him. We missed him in the second half of last season 

In the form of his career with us.

Top man and an inspirational player.

One of the few here that can get you out of your seat without scoring a goal.

Need a big printed flag of Hutch at the front of the North.....

Makes you wonder whether there is a referees association agenda. That ref marched over to Hutch and waived the Red in his face. Owls players and Tech box incensed ! The ref immediately points for Barnsley winger to walk without waiving a red. I wonder if someone had had a word in his shell like ? 

"Watch that Hutchinson in his tackles"

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl
ommision

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

always makes me smile when some say our best player is foresteiri ....no offence to nando but he,s not even close .its been a long time since we had any player as good as hutch .

My concern with Hutch in CM alongside Lee, is that we lacked creativity. The Bannan of last season gave us creativity in bundles.

Two things have happened recently to begin to change my opinion. First, Bannan is undoubtedly not hitting the heights of last year. But second, Hutch seems to have added incisive passes to his game. Not flashy or twist turny, but visionary firm through balls. A couple of goals too add to his value to the team.

If we have a Lee Hutch CM, and it does look like we should, we both need and can afford two proper widemen. Not one wideman and a fish out of water extra CM. That could be a very effective and balanced team.

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

My concern with Hutch in CM alongside Lee, is that we lacked creativity. The Bannan of last season gave us creativity in bundles.

Two things have happened recently to begin to change my opinion. First, Bannan is undoubtedly not hitting the heights of last year. But second, Hutch seems to have added incisive passes to his game. Not flashy or twist turny, but visionary firm through balls. A couple of goals too add to his value to the team.

If we have a Lee Hutch CM, and it does look like we should, we both need and can afford two proper widemen. Not one wideman and a fish out of water extra CM. That could be a very effective and balanced team.

i'm a big fan of a balanced team that's why I would always have Wallace and forestieri-reach on the wings ...think we'd have to change how we play though with hutch and lee as the central pair coz theres no way hutch is as mobile as bannan and certainly couldn't get back and forth like  bannan does .