The Owls vs Barnsley. Official Matchday Thread.

7 hours ago, pauli said:

Barnsley people used to keep coal as pets, but now there's no coal, they mehk do wi' ode rolls o' wallpaper.

...choked on mi tea laughing at this. Excellent OMT Pauli. I always worry about Barnsley games...still...hoping for 3 points on the back of a 1- 0 win. Lee. 

As ever, Pauli -

Coal for pets - nice touch (haha)

Was at Reading on Sat and really felt for the lads at the end; such injustice was hard to swallow. So time to make amends this evening.  Time for a big win to get that goal difference looking a bit healthier and time to climb back into the top 6.

SWFC 4 - BFC 0:  Joao, Wallace, Loovens, Joao- in that order.

Come on you pale blue and white pinstripe wizzards!!

That is fantastic Pauli. I now live in the Barnsley area and you rally are spot on with your observations.  Will be sharing this in the local before the match.  Hope it doesn't come back to bite me on the bum when I go back in later.

Reyt good OMDT. Just finished nailing t'chicken wire onto t'table legs, makes a massive coop fo t'fowls. This idea could really catch on darn 'ere in Cornwall, there's a house in Bodmin (Barnsley of the SouthWest) where they needed an extension so they've fastened half a mobile home onto one side...I kid you not! Will be listening to second half on player (God willing) can never bring myself to listen to whole match, not good for the nerves! Gi'em a shout from me, "Come on you blue and white pinstriped wizards!"

This is it.
Tonight's match is a pivotal point for me. This team - with a few changes - is a team that pushed for promotion last year, that were runners-up in the play-off final at Wembley to a poor Hull, having overcome a strong Brighton on our way there. Every single player played like it was the end of the world, really bleeding for the shirts, and we were firing on all cylinders, not being the one-trick pony we are currently without Forestieri to score.
This is it. We are at home to Barnsley. A win will carry us back into the top 6 and play-offs position. A loss, will be an embarrassing Yorkshire derby loss that will also see us leapfrogged by same team and drop us further on the table. In the long run, we're still in reach of play-offs, but tonight is the time Wednesday must own up and go out there commanding as ever.
Lees, Loovens, Hutch, our defensive line is solid. Bannon, Lee, Reach, Jones - we've got midfield covered in abundance. We've got FLETCHER on the subs bench... in the Championship! Joao - keep the cool and bury the ball in the net! FFS, this team should not be scraping wins, holding on to points for a draw in away matches. Be confident, our team is strong on paper, whe should they not go out there on the pitch, assisted by the Hillsborough crowd and simply trash these dingles coming to town.
Again. And again.
And when Rotherham come next week. The same again. They will be visiting the Hillsborough fortress.
Points do not leave here easily.
Goals are not conceded because we're caught with our pants around our ankles.
On set pieces we go up and get that ball out, and we definitely mark all men.
Upfront we keep our cool, shoot with conviction, not half-assed off the target attempts, there's been enough of those already.
This is it.
Convince us you REALLY want to promote, Wednesday!

Another great thread Pauli

I do miss the banter with my former form tutor back in the day when I was in secondary school,  wonder whether he will be at the match tonight,   I remember when we played them on 8th December where we won 2-1  me and my friend had a huge grin on our face the next day

Come on Wednesday,    Hirst to score the winner for us

Quality omdt as per. Have to admit, I read the Tarn speak with ease, so top marks to the translator.

My hovercraft is full of eels.

Strange one tonight. They'll be buzzing & we wanna bounce back. Could be a 3-3 thriller. Unless we score first & resort to our coma possession game.

Unpredictable times down at S6. Let's hope Carphone Whorehouse doesn't catch light again!

:manager:

We are talking about a team what conceded 5 against forest, I know two games previous have been good but if we mix it up early doors then we're gonna cause problems...Whether we finish em though is a different matter,

I'll go quietly confident though -

Reach and Kieran Lee to notch, Sounds bad but Lee is probably are most likely goal threat if Flecth doesn't start,

Edited by Dazblur

A bloke from Barnsley is playing golf with Nick Faldo. He hits a good shot with his 3 wood. Faldo says "that's a good tee shot". Bloke from Barnsley says "Aye I got three for 5 quid at Barnsley market. T'other ones have got Free Nelson Mandela ont front but this en just 'as Lacoste on it"

ithankyew.

Its about time we had a high scoring win. This game or the next are good candidates. 4 nil to the Owls. 

Edited by Kalamunda
Tee not t