The strange argument for f.ookin' the Prem off

Say for instance we went up this year...How long would it take for your average Owls fan to get totally p*ssed off with midtable mediocrity at worst, and fighting for the Europa league at best?

As we stand at the minute fans a number of fans are dissatisfied because  we lie 7th in the championship, with over half the season left, prices are seemingly going to get higher, as if they are not high enough already...

............to get what?

To vie with Stoke City , Watford, Swansea etc?...How long will it take for the shine to go offa that...A season, a season and a half?

Would you rather watch The Wednesday at a reasonable price to vie for promotion at a reasonable price, or should the dream be chased by our more affluent supporters with the rest of us hanging onto their coattails , picking the games they can afford...because thats what its coming to....

I reckon in a couple of years at this rate, I will simply be a voyeur for the most part...not whingeing about that, simply stating a fact..I'll be no less an Owls fan, but I won't be able to ante up for the season ticket ive had since Noah said.. "I think its starting to spit"

From a personal point of view, I would rather watch Wednesday in league 1...than not be able to afford to watch them in The Championship or The Premiership...

I know this argument, on its face sounds a little ludicrous, especially to our younger fanbase who have seen next to nowt, won next to nowt and probably wonder what I'm whittering on about...I look forward to hearing their opinions, but for some of the older fans, or the fans that hold to the history and institution that is Sheffield Wednesday Football club..

How vital is it, that we get to the top division again..immediately?..Is it so f.ookin' critical?, because if Wednesday reach the Premiership...whats the next step, the next target?..and how fulfilling would we find it?

But rumour has it Mr C will bare his arse to FFP once we're promoted and spend whatever it takes.

For every 50p the fans put in, he'll chuck in a million.

There's a lot of worried tuna out there I tell ya (yes I know, but for the sake of this thread...)

1 minute ago, Owling Wolfe said:

Give me Prem Mid table mediocrity over fighting and failing to get out of the Champ anyway. If nothing else it's worth over £100M  minimum every season to the club

Thats a fair enough comment..Would you still be happy with it if you couldn't afford to go?

I have often thought this... but at the end of the day. if your in the best league in the world... you get to watch the best players in the world too. Surely that's worth being in the premiership for, I would rather watch aguero blast one in the net than the likes of lansbury or summat. 

Just now, MrTacoSWFC said:

I have often thought this... but at the end of the day. if your in the best league in the world... you get to watch the best players in the world too. Surely that's worth being in the premiership for, I would rather watch aguero blast one in the net than the likes of lansbury or summat. 

I'd treat both goals with the same disappointment mate TBH lol

Just now, pazowl55 said:

Surely being in the top division is the goal of any football fan. Why wouldn't people want that. 

But is it though?

My scenario is....Would it still be as fulfilling if we were getting beat week in week out...or you were sat on the sofa having to watch it on Sky?

13 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Say for instance we went up this year...How long would it take for your average Owls fan to get totally p*ssed off with midtable mediocrity at worst, and fighting for the Europa league at best?

As we stand at the minute fans a number of fans are dissatisfied because  we lie 7th in the championship, with over half the season left, prices are seemingly going to get higher, as if they are not high enough already...

............to get what?

To vie with Stoke City , Watford, Swansea etc?...How long will it take for the shine to go offa that...A season, a season and a half?

Would you rather watch The Wednesday at a reasonable price to vie for promotion at a reasonable price, or should the dream be chased by our more affluent supporters with the rest of us hanging onto their coattails , picking the games they can afford...because thats what its coming to....

I reckon in a couple of years at this rate, I will simply be a voyeur for the most part...not whingeing about that, simply stating a fact..I'll be no less an Owls fan, but I won't be able to ante up for the season ticket ive had since Noah said.. "I think its starting to spit"

From a personal point of view, I would rather watch Wednesday in league 1...than not be able to afford to watch them in The Championship or The Premiership...

I know this argument, on its face sounds a little ludicrous, especially to our younger fanbase who have seen next to nowt, won next to nowt and probably wonder what I'm whittering on about...I look forward to hearing their opinions, but for some of the older fans, or the fans that hold to the history and institution that is Sheffield Wednesday Football club..

How vital is it, that we get to the top division again..immediately?..Is it so f.ookin' critical?, because if Wednesday reach the Premiership...whats the next step, the next target?..and how fulfilling would we find it?

If we do get promoted the pressure on ticket prices will be removed. Whether the club is charging £30, £40 or £50 for a match day ticket it won't have a huge impact on turnover as the TV money is so great. Perhaps DC will see the priority as being a full stadium to improve our home form and hence set realistic ticket prices? 

Just now, East Yorks Owl said:

If we do get promoted the pressure on ticket prices will be removed. Whether the club is charging £30, £40 or £50 for a match day ticket it won't have a huge impact on turnover as the TV money is so great. Perhaps DC will see the priority as being a full stadium to improve our home form and hence set realistic ticket prices? 

Thats the immediate best case scenario mate ...I agree

Look at man city.  There stadium is half. Empty some games.  For me I would love it but some would lose interest.  But we would aquire some glory seekers. Be amazing to go to away games in the Europa league.  Also the money involved would stop us from ever being in the same situation as before Milan took us over. 

11 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

Give me Prem Mid table mediocrity over fighting and failing to get out of the Champ anyway. If nothing else it's worth over £100M  minimum every season to the club

It's only money.

And before everyone starts, I haven't got a pot to p*ss in.

Money is not the answer to everything.

4 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

But is it though?

My scenario is....Would it still be as fulfilling if we were getting beat week in week out...or you were sat on the sofa having to watch it on Sky?

Totally get your point.

Be nice to experience it again though so we could get fed up of it.

1 minute ago, Arnold said:

Look at man city.  There stadium is half. Empty some games.  For me I would love it but some would lose interest.  But we would aquire some glory seekers. Be amazing to go to away games in the Europa league.  Also the money involved would stop us from ever being in the same situation as before Milan took us over. 

Yeah a good point. A couple of seasons in the Premiership and we'd be solvent forever.

Just like Pompey

1 minute ago, TAOWL267 said:

Yeah a good point. A couple of seasons in the Premiership and we'd be solvent forever.

Just like Pompey

Depends who is running the club