Reading vs Sheffield Wednesday. Official Matchday Thread.

Guest The Horse

People forget that Nuhiu is technically very good - great awareness and better with the ball at his feet than his head.

Can see him setting some balls up for Kieran Lee to run onto and score.

1 minute ago, NorthernOwl said:

My guess with Abdi is that we have lined up a move for him in January. Therefore Carlos doesn't feel it worth persisting with him. If we get our money back in January or close to it then that would be good for both parties. Some transfers don't work out, its not the end of the world. 

Stop trying to post rational opinions either start happy clapping, get a burning torch or find a new club to support pronto lol

21 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

So with zero knowledge of what has gone on with Abdi ...................its all CCs fault 

You are absolutely right, however many would quite rightly express some concern, that Abdi did play in midweek, so unless he picked up an injury, it does seem a strange decision to omit him from the squad. After all, big Dave played in the same game.

Like many have said, I think the fans deserve a definitive answer from Carlos about the state of play in regard to Abdi.

8 minutes ago, hatcheeks said:

So many people think CC can't possibly be at fault but he is the manager that signed about 8 players and yet we are reverting to a team that is worse than last year. 

If we win today we go 3rd in the table which is our highest position since leaving the premier league 16 years ago. But yeah CC is at fault for why we aren't doing better 

1 minute ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

You are absolutely right, however many would quite rightly express some concern, that Abdi did play in midweek, so unless he picked up an injury, it does seem a strange decision to omit him from the squad. After all, big Dave played in the same game.

Like many have said, I think the fans deserve a definitive answer from Carlos about the state of play in regard to Abdi.

I'd love to know too but until then i think its fruitless chucking baseless accusations about 

For whatever reason he's obviously not in the plans so as fans we need to get on with it its Chansiris millions sat at home not ours

6 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Aye cos he'd be the first player ever to use social media to look like the good guy 

It may not be the case i'm only saying that we don't know but some are certain its all down to CC 

It may be as simple as CC didn't buy him and doesn't rate him so he lives or dies by his decision 

For me Abdi looked like he didn't have much confidence when he did play. Leaving him out of the squad won't help that. He might not be showing much in training but I find it hard to believe that Semedo is looking better than him....

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 minute ago, Chardron said:

For me Abdi looked like he didn't have much confidence when he did play. Leaving him out of the squad won't help that. He might not be showing much in training but I find it hard to believe that Semedo is looking better than him....

CC said Semedo was the best player on the park in the Notts County friendly.  Guess that's why he is in the squad.

1 minute ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Carlos would be made to look a fool if he were to answer in terms of every fart and ounce of fans concerns re selection. Selection is and must remain a subjective issue it is the responsibility of Carlos. End of !

Christ what are we going to talk about? DC is off limits and now CC too. Lovely tram stop don't you think? 

lol

1 minute ago, Lawrie Madden said:

I'd love to know too but until then i think its fruitless chucking baseless accusations about 

For whatever reason he's obviously not in the plans so as fans we need to get on with it its Chansiris millions sat at home not ours

It is our money as well 

If our money doesn't matter why are we paying so much to watch games

Does Abdi 's wages/fee not get counted against FFP

I can see Abdi being same as McGugan. Asked to play a position, either cannot or won't so CC doesn't select. Dielna and Lachman will most likely be attitude as well as ability and Bus is classed as not good enough.

Hard bit is getting rid for various reasons

Just hope we don't need rescuing late in the game cos that bench has roger all about it. I am as baffled as anyone about this Abdi situation. Always thought he was a fantastic player and yet can't get on the bench ahead of Semedo and George Hirst? Again like the other week when I moaned, I hope I am totally wrong! 

UTO

10 minutes ago, Jazzybmzoo said:

I'll be honest, I'm dead against it. People need access to DiXXXXONS.

Well, they said that about Fargate a long time ago. But it turned out to be a Godsend when staggering home from t'Daizy. I would have been run over every Sunday early hours in the long, hot summer nights of '75 and '76  otherwise. Often wish I had been!:laugh: