SWFC Games on Sky

1 hour ago, Ryan the owl said:

Don't be daft, so you're saying ticket prices stay the same because we're on sky a couple of times a season? Not buying that, sky money wouldn't even be put into the equation when chansiri was writing up the pricing structure, you can't guarantee how many times you'll be on.

a quick google says that sky pay efl clubs around 100 million quid for television rights , if we say no thanks you cant televise our games i'd think our percentage of that would be zilch , chuck in our sponsors and advertisers wouldn't be happy and revenue would be down which would affect the financial fair play then I don't think its that daft to say it would affect ticket prices .......

38 minutes ago, edited said:

You can say that again! And history suggests he will make changes and we will struggle

This time though Wigan also play on the Tuesday so have the same recovery time as us. Carlos' main issue last season was that we had 48 hours between games and Boro had a lot longer 

2 hours ago, punkassmofo said:

Stop being Old fashioned

For me it means I'm more likely to make a friday evening match than a Sat 3pm match due to work! 

Exactly!

All for games being 3pm Saturday but those of us who work most weekends welcome these rare Friday nighters so we can go!!

As I'm in Germany for 2 years with work commitments this makes me happy as my season ticket seems a waste my last game is Rotherham at home!!!

Everyone has their own reasons for liking/not liking SKY TV each one a valid reason.

Just adapt and get on with it WAWAW

3 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Get stuffed Sky you absolute jebends. Brilliant for those watching on TV, such a ballache for those of us who travel long distance to actually go and watch games. Really bloody narked now.

Spot on mate I'm a ST holder 400 miles round trip on a Friday evening, I can't make it due to work commitments sky really don't give a flyer.

we all hate sky and how they treat fans and yet we're all desperate to get to the prem and all the strange kick off times that that brings just so our club can get there hands on the 100 million ....nothing comes for free and that's the price fans have to pay .

6 hours ago, Grimbarian said:

Pray we're never a successful club then, think ManUre only play about four 3pm Saturday matches a season, if that.

If success is what changes the kick off times, then Man U fans will be seeing a lot more Staurday 3pm kick offs!

Do prefer games to be on a Saturday but for me the Birmingham one has worked out well. Was previously unable to attend when it was on the Saturday but will now be able to go. Having said that, it's now on my wedding anniversary so my other half may not be pleased.