Refereeing

I was 100 yards away in the South Stand and it was clear to me before impact Buckley was always going to get there first. It WAS reckless, it was late and dangerous. He punched our player in the head for ffs! The fall causing serious injury. The keeper then stands over him abusing him whilst he's clearly seriously injured.

Red card for me all day. Just because he is the keeper doesn't make it ok to punch someone in the head without punishment.

It also left us with 11v9 and they quickly scored with that advantage.

Edited by mark77

59 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

He was clearly dazed as he was very wobbly when he eventually got to his feet. It was clear from the big lump of bone sticking from  his shoulder that he had a serious shoulder injury

We've got some clever folk on here....can you use fewer medical technical terms like wobbly and big lump so that the rest of us can understand 

Just for information can all those who know that Buckley has suffered a serious shoulder injury please let us know what it is and how long he will be out for....and do you think we should sack the medical staff at Hillsborough who despite being only inches away and being able to touch the shoulder still haven't been able to diagnose it without a scan.....what a bloody waste of money that will be....a scan...why...folk in the North and South stands know what the problem is just by looking, why would you need a scan

Edited by Ian

2 hours ago, maps said:

I was sat in the North Stand, very close, with a perfect view. The goalie was attempting to play the ball, but was nowhere near. He punched Buckley in the head with a lot of force. Buckley was dazed, and in falling further damaged his shoulder. After his shirt was stripped off, an obvious shoulder bone injury could be seen. It was definitely violent conduct, which should have been a sending off, although not a goal scoring opportunity. The referee gave the penalty, so presumably saw the punch. Why was there no red card for a punch causing a bad injury, when earlier on, apparently a push causing no injury was a red card.

Sums it up perfectly. Not just a sending off either but a three match ban. So to summarise....bit of a push under extreme provocation = red card +3 match ban. Violent punch in head = free kick, no yellow. Something not right

8 hours ago, Stainless1983 said:

I still haven't seen a clear video of Forestieri's red. What I would say is that it looks like we should have had a free kick just before it because Pringle was kicking, elbowing & grabbing at Fernando.

From what I've read Pringle has then got close to his face. At that point Fernando pushed him away with by putting his hands in the neck/head of Pringle. 

But you then see Chalobah push Aguero over in front of the ref & get nothing. Chalobah had no reason to do that as the referee gave a freekick & sent off Aguero, also Chalobah wasn't even the one being fouled.

I would also add to this the McClean yellow card against Watford the other day where he clearly put his hands around a players throat to push him.

4 hours ago, MightyOwl said:

image.jpg

Ian after ruthlessly slamming his jaw/cheek into the Preston keepers fist, he threw himself to the ground, denying himself a goal scoring opportunity.

Denying a goal scoring opportunity is an instant red card; Buckley should have gone...Come on mate you doth labour your point far too vigorously ! 

5 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Ian after ruthlessly slamming his jaw/cheek into the Preston keepers fist, he threw himself to the ground, denying himself a goal scoring opportunity.

Denying a goal scoring opportunity is an instant red card; Buckley should have gone...Come on mate you doth labour your point far too vigorously ! 

Running away from goal near to the corner flag with 2 covering defenders......you'd struggle to find 1 referee in the world who would deem that a dogso offence

Reckless and clumsy.

But not intentional. The preston players were seriously pumped up and i think he had it in his head to get involved and punch the ball away..just timed it very badly.

If he simply wanted to punch one of our players in the head there were hundreds of better opportunities.

Final warning for me.

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

39 minutes ago, Thurgoland Owl said:

As a Wednesdayite I can understand some bias towards the club I am baffled by the amount of fans who want to criticise FF and support the PNE goalkeeper!

Wouldn.t happen at Man u or Liverpool!

This. How dare FF have the nerve to react to some rough treatment? Whether it's a red card for the keeper is debatable but it has to be a yellow.....but then giving the verbals afterwards should have been a second yellow so maybe he should have walked. 

23 hours ago, scram said:

The ref in The Forest vs Newcastle game was horrific

Some about lansbury I just don't like maybe it's because he dives and presents to be hurt or maybe it's having 3 girls haircuts all on one head,  three platts?? who on earth has three platts lol

43 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

Some about lansbury I just don't like maybe it's because he dives and presents to be hurt or maybe it's having 3 girls haircuts all on one head,  three platts?? who on earth has three platts lol

I agree, he's a nob, and his part in both sending offs was not the best of sportsmanship However, I see the FA have just quashed both sending off decisions. What, did Shelvey not kick out at Lansbury, and is that not a sending off offence? Yes, Lansbury was the one who agitated it, but Shelvey deliberately lashed out.

Edited by gurujuan

34 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Shelvey and Dummett have had their red cards overturned for Newcastle. You can guarantee if we or 95% of the other championship clubs would have been involved in the same incident then that wouldn't have been the case...

Yes, I did think that. Surely if the ref, or lino, saw Shelvey lash out, and felt he had to go, how the flip can it be deemed as a mistake He did it, I saw it, we all saw it

9 hours ago, Ian said:

Running away from goal near to the corner flag with 2 covering defenders......you'd struggle to find 1 referee in the world who would deem that a dogso offence

So if an outfield player was 'running away from goal' in a non contentious position in midfield for instance and an opposition player completely mistimed a tackle, scythed him down, and left him with severe injuries. Would you struggle to find 1 referee in the world in that situation who would take action?

Maybe in your eyes Aguero just mistimed his tackle on David Luiz, and anyway Luiz was running away from goal so it doesn't count anyway.

We're not talking about him their keeper denying a goal scoring opportunity, we talking about actual f*****n bodily harm!!

Also, why your absolute dogged determination to defend an opposition keeper who, whichever way you look at it, committed an appalling foul on a Wednesday player. (Whether intentional or not).

Are you some throwback from the EU, some misplaced Human rights lawyer championing the rights of opponents to physically maim Wednesday players.