Guest domSWFC

Think Fletcher could be a good Partner with him next week. Someone who can hold the ball up for him to run off of could be quite effective. 

Guest beckford

Wasn't really impressed with him to be honest. Put himself about but generally our defenders dealt with him. They didn't deal with Reach, Forestieri, Wallace or Buckley whatsoever though...

I've frequently heard him being described as strong - can't say I see a great deal of evidence of that myself though.

He's got attributes alright, but strength isn't one of them. Gets out-muscled far too often for that to be the case.

João has the potential to be a great player.

The ability is there but he’s so frustrating to watch at times. He's a tall lad but also very weak, having no strength. He drifts in and out of games. 

I’m sure he’ll get better with age and experience.

He played OK today, no more than that. We really need to get away from the idea he's a young player. He's 23. Same age as Reach and I never hear him being given the same concessions Joao gets. He's getting to the point now where potential needs to turn into consistent performances, and he has the perfect opportunity over the next few games to impress with FF out. Let's hope he can step up.

8 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Come on. He was OK. But that's all. 

Been off off a while, so gets plenty of latitude, but he wasnt great.

Must be killing you, 2 ff & Joao starts = 6 points.

You're obsession with Hooper is making you bitter. Joao did well yesterday.

He makes a huge difference to the overall team.

Makes our pressing game so much more effective with his ability to eat up the ground.

Something that we lack when Hooper plays. 

Its the same Hutchinson moves to midfield. The tempo and press improves ten fold, when replaced in midfield by Jones it showed. 

2 minutes ago, wharncliffeowl said:

See ....I'm old school. I like strikers to be having a go at scoring. Did he have a pop at goal at all? Probably too busy helping out the defence.

Ha old school . More like full of sht who never got anything positive to say .if you want to moan about players bannan should be top of the list 

45 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

Ha old school . More like full of sht who never got anything positive to say .if you want to moan about players bannan should be top of the list 

Yeah but this thread is about Joao not Bannan. Some of the posts have been positive, some not so. Mine was negative on this occasion.  Doesn't mean I'm right or wrong. It's just an opinion.

1 hour ago, zzmdu said:

Must be killing you, 2 ff & Joao starts = 6 points.

You're obsession with Hooper is making you bitter. Joao did well yesterday.

If I have an obsession (Ok I probably do) it's to see players in their best position for the team.

When fit, I would have Hooper, Fletch and FF on every team sheet.

If Lucas has improved, and I hope he has, then I would be delighted to see him pushing Fletch for his shirt.

Can't believe half what I'm reading on here. Thought he played well yesterday. Won more flick ons than seen him do before, held the ball up, layec it off, ran his socks off and GOT KICKED FROM PILLAR TO POST, and pulled all over the park due to the lack of protection from the three amigos in black. By the way, a more inept referring display I have yet to see.

Just now, doubleo said:

Can't believe half what I'm reading on here. Thought he played well yesterday. Won more flick ons than seen him do before, held the ball up, layec it off, ran his socks off and GOT KICKED FROM PILLAR TO POST, and pulled all over the park due to the lack of protection from the three amigos in black. By the way, a more inept referring display I have yet to see.

Sorry fingers not working this morning