Bannan needs to up his game

15 minutes ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

if you had to choose 2 players to play in centre mid out of lee,hutch and bannan who would you pick?

majority would pick lee and Hutchinson.

bannan doesn't work hard enough,is no goal threat and rarely tackles..needs benching for me

Carlos always accommodates Bannan somewhere in the midfield 4. 

Goes to show how important he believes him to be.

I would try to play all 3 to answer your question, as they all have there roles.

But one thing you can't label Bannan for is his work rate. He is a square peg in a round hole most of the time Carlos plays him.

Trust me if he didn't work hard him and Mcgugan would be best buddy's.  

5 hours ago, I am a man said:

He was truly garbage today.  But  I bet in his mind,  he thought he was awesome. 

Do you charge for being such an inspirational speaker because me and a few friends would like to book you for an event at S2 ?

I feel confident that with your abilities you could easily motivate them into Division 2.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Here we go again.  Why are people saying Bannan was played out of position? He played wide left in 90 %of his appearances last season.  I really don't know where this myth comes from.

11 hours ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

as has abdi who gets criticism from people

And that's why he's struggling to get in the team, because he can't get in front of the guy who is playing in his position.

11 hours ago, daleblue said:

As a professional  you have to be able to play in a different role, as a one dimensional player its hard to adapt.

Think you might be onto something there.

Different role and different position are two different things.  If we asked him to play at centre back would you be slating him?

Just not bothered...

Glad people have started to notice how poor Bannan has been. One time of day you couldnt say anything negative about him before people jumped all over you.

Yesterday was an example of how poor he has been recently. There were moments when we were passing the ball around fluidly, yet whenever it came to Bannan he would slow the play down and play a lazy two yard pass back to whoever gave him the ball. He constantly turned back towards his own keeper looking for the safety pass.

he has the odd good game where players allow him time and space to get the ball deep and play a few hollywood balls around the park, but the man seriously freezes under pressure and the opposition teams now know to target him.

He was the exact same last season, not consistent enough and a progressing team should be looking to do better.

I agree - he is lucky to be in the side at the moment but CC seems to have a blind spot about him.  He has been very patchy this term

Sticking him on the flanks is a waste, I just wish CC could be stronger over this - not everyone can play and shoehorning him in doesn't do any one any favours.

Be interesting to see what happens in January - will Abdi still be here?  And if another MF player comes in, will CC alter the balance of the side, especially if Hutch is to stay in the middle.

We have been much improved over the last few games, but we need to improve further if we are to stay in P/O contention.

21 hours ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

if you had to choose 2 players to play in centre mid out of lee,hutch and bannan who would you pick?

majority would pick lee and Hutchinson.

bannan doesn't work hard enough,is no goal threat and rarely tackles..needs benching for me

This every time 

Bannan should be dropped in my opinion, if we want to progress the likes of him and Wallace should be replaced by better.

Both made good contributions, but Bannan goes missing against the better teams and is far too lightweight. Wallace is just average and doesn't offer enough. 

He was excellent at Fulham away, but people expect so much from him considering how good he was last season. As we all know, his best position is central midfield, and playing on the flanks does not do him any favours. However, once (if) he is taken out of the team we will realise how important he is to us. I often rewatch games and he is involved in most of our more threatening attacks in some capacity, I think we now take him for granted. He often had equally 'poor' games last season where he tried things which didn't quite work and put us in danger, but that comes with his style of play. If you don't allow him to try the adventurous, many of our attacks just won't happen.

16 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Here we go again.  Why are people saying Bannan was played out of position? He played wide left in 90 %of his appearances last season.  I really don't know where this myth comes from.

Just over 50%,

Much better player as a CM, and we become a much better team.

I think we moved the ball quicker around the midfield last season and Bannan seemed to be all over the place, this season we do seem to have been a yard or two slower giving opposition time to get into some defensive shape. Bannan been guilty of slowing down play at times. I am not sure that even if he plays more central  he would make a difference at the moment. He has got in him as we saw with the forward pass to Forestieri on sat and the last 10 mins or so, we just need to see more of it. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
9 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Just over 50%,

Much better player as a CM, and we become a much better team.

It wasn't just over 50% but ok.  Anyway the facts are that Hutch and Lee have to start so Bannan either plays wide or on the bench.  I think he is better than Reach and Wallace so therefore he plays on one of the wings.  Simple 

2 hours ago, Jakes Grandad said:

I think we moved the ball quicker around the midfield last season and Bannan seemed to be all over the place, this season we do seem to have been a yard or two slower giving opposition time to get into some defensive shape. Bannan been guilty of slowing down play at times. I am not sure that even if he plays more central  he would make a difference at the moment. He has got in him as we saw with the forward pass to Forestieri on sat and the last 10 mins or so, we just need to see more of it. 

This is the key.

I think playing him instead of a wide player is the way to get him in the team , and we need him in the team, as we need Hutch or Jones in the centre. 

However he he needs to work hard to come inside and get on the ball . Sometimes, and first half Saturday was an example, he just doesn't appear to want to put in the effort to get on the ball and run the game for us. 

He just sits out there playing little short passes and not affecting the game enough