Forestieri - what a willy puller

Real shame he is missing two home games where we could muller the oppos. On yesterday's form and level of effort you would back him to score in both.

Interesting that his comeback will be in the cauldron of St James, and then away to Preston! Going to be wound up for 90 minutes (hopefully 90 minutes!).

His reds came on 65 minutes last season, and 66 yesterday. I'm hiding behind the sofa from the 60th minute at Deepdale.

What gets me is that he hit Pearson in the face or near it which is wrong. It looks like the lino didn't see it as he didn't immediately flag. Pearson then goes up to him and tells him what happened then the lino waves his flag like a loon and tells the ref what Pearson had told him what had happened. So was Forestieri sent off on the evidence of Pearson?

13 minutes ago, The Claw said:

hero to villain then back to hero. some of you want your bumps feeling at on here

yes - but he does bring it on himself. To be out for the next three matches, just when he is rediscovering his form and with no coincidence, the team start winning is really poor, when you consider it was totally avoidable.

FF is our best player and he needs to take responsibility for the wider picture. 

Having said that, it does seem that the top players, Di-Canio, Rooney etc, have this temperament.

Again Cesc was wrong but no mention of Fernandinho pushing him in the throat before that and very little talk about the fact he didn't just react to the slap he pushed him into the city fans who were climbing over the seats to get to him. 

Pretty disturbing considering city are losing and their fans are reacting to the star man being sent off. Cesc could have been in all sorts of trouble

Edited by kidc77

2 minutes ago, Animis said:

yes - but he does bring it on himself. To be out for the next three matches, just when he is rediscovering his form and with no coincidence, the team start winning is really poor, when you consider it was totally avoidable.

FF is our best player and he needs to take responsibility for the wider picture. 

Having said that, it does seem that the top players, Di-Canio, Rooney etc, have this temperament.

Yep and just like the dicanio situation we seem to be the only silly giullable rascal fans who can't see the talent and temper needs to be accepted with this kind of player. Instead we would rather be poo poo and hound them out of the club. 

Genius

Imagine if Cantona was ditched by Fergy for his "kung fu" against a Palace fan in 1995.  Cantona being such a key player at the time and had a similar goal scoring record to Fessi. 

Fergy chose not too.  He stood by his hot headed Frenchman because it was good for business.

Some Wednesday fans seem to think players should give their last breathe for Wednesday.  Although It is a romantic idea, in reality we are humans and have animal instincts and behaviours. Our emotions cloud our judgements so we make mistakes.  This is life!

Edited by iliveinthenow

1 minute ago, kidc77 said:

Yep and just like the dicanio situation we seem to be the only silly giullable rascal fans who can't see the talent and temper needs to be accepted with this kind of player. Instead we would rather be poo poo and hound them out of the club. 

Genius

I think the general issue for the fans is frustration that we seem to be going on a run after some indifferent games. FF is pivotal in this for me, and that's why i'm disappointed.

I do accept however, that with an individual's fair and skill, you also get the flawed personality, and this sometimes looks like they only think of themselves or react to their own circumstances rather the wider team/club benefit. 

Maybe you can't have one without the other?

Just now, Animis said:

I think the general issue for the fans is frustration that we seem to be going on a run after some indifferent games. FF is pivotal in this for me, and that's why i'm disappointed.

I do accept however, that with an individual's fair and skill, you also get the flawed personality, and this sometimes looks like they only think of themselves or react to their own circumstances rather the wider team/club benefit. 

Maybe you can't have one without the other?

It would seem that most talented players have this behaviour except for Adam Proudlock he was a genius but calm player. and I can understand fans being dissapointed as I am too, I want him available but so many of our fans especially on here are eager for him to be out of the club and that is insane. But that's what some of our fan base is like. 

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

If he goes in January, im comfortable and confident that Owlstalk hasn't been a factor in his decision.

Don't be so sure!

Ave heard FF got well mad angry about a photo he saw posted in one of the threads. He vowed never to get on a coach again. :ph34r:

14 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

Was on the Kop so difficult to see exactly what happened, but looked at it a number of times and looks a real nothing, but as they did last year, a Preston player makes huge capital out of it to get FF sent off. 

The reaction on here among the 'Holier than thou' faction, the 'turn the other cheek' (regardless of the provocation) plus the ones with a permanent agenda against FF, is to turn on him, regardless of him being our biggest individual contributor since he came.

The two faced Judas's who are willing to turn on him for whatever reason they see fit, (some current, some historical), ought to take a long hard look at themselves and question what in the long run is best for the club as against pursuing their own pathetic, point scoring, self serving agenda's.

PNE got him sent off no doubt.

But to criticise him for raising his hands isn't holier than though or having an agenda in the most part. Everyone knows you take a risk if you do it.