Forestieri - what a willy puller

6 hours ago, kidc77 said:

Already posted the stats but if you think he hasn't more fool you and goes to show I'm correct, a lot of our fans are clueless

So not only are you insulting the rest of the team by saying he as won us most of our points you are also insulting a section of our fans for daring to have a go at the guy.

you claim the stats prove you right.How about the stat that we have lost 6 games and FF never contributed in those games. So is it fair for me to say he as cost us 18 points?

6 hours ago, kidc77 said:

Edited by curren

5 hours ago, Cosmo said:

Im just saying nobody at this club is irreplaceable. F*ck him.

I like this board and whilst I agree nobody at SWFC is irreplaceable it appears the more obnoxious the posting the better. I like FF with his match winning abilities and agree with Holmes so f*ck you.

Just now, Animal said:

Never said I wanted us to sell him. Hes probably the best player I have ever seen us have with me being 25, but when he does things like this to not help him self when just finding form again how are we supposed to react? 

Be gutted that we've lost our best player & top scorer. Simple reaction.

FF is very effective player at this level, no doubt about that. However, he isn't in the same class as the likes of Knochaert or Ritchie, or as important to us as Lee, Lees, Bannan, Hutchinson and Westwood.

Let's not build FF up to be something he isn't. I hope he stays and scores 40 goals this season, but my suspicion is he will be away in January when the club call his bluff on a new deal. 

14 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Petulant idiocy from FF.

Club needs to fine him. 3 big games coming up and he's going to be in the stands. Ridiculous. 

Why be in the stands when you can be on holiday in say...Italy?

Edited by fatzooma

12 minutes ago, vulva said:

FF is very effective player at this level, no doubt about that. However, he isn't in the same class as the likes of Knochaert or Ritchie, or as important to us as Lee, Lees, Bannan, Hutchinson and Westwood.

Let's not build FF up to be something he isn't. I hope he stays and scores 40 goals this season, but my suspicion is he will be away in January when the club call his bluff on a new deal. 

Do you genuinely believe that ff isn't as important, as you're list?

17 minutes ago, vulva said:

Beg to differ entirely.  We're only just now starting to hit a run of form thanks to FF hitting a run of form.  I'd say he's as doubly important as Lees, Bannan, Hutchinson and Westwood.  Lee comes close.

If he chases the money and goes in January the apologists will have a different perspective I'm sure.

That said, in my view he's been very unlucky in terms of yellow and red cards throughout his time with us.

Hutch on the other hand hasn't been unlucky, and is just reckless. He's a Superhero though so it's fine.

Edited by Mr Farrell

Just now, zzmdu said:

Do you genuinely believe that ff isn't as important, as you're list?

I think the 5 players noted are equally as important, if not more to a side trying to get out of a tough Championship, over 40 odd games. I also think the 5 would be better suited to Premier League football. FF is very effective player, when he can be bothered and when available. But at various times here during his career, for whatever reason, he hasn't been on it.

He has drifted in and out of games, and this a lot of the adulation is about some fans searching for a hero. He ain't Puskas like some on here seem to think. In an ideal world you would build a side around him, but he isn't reliable, for quite a few reasons. 

Just now, vulva said:

I think the 5 players noted are equally as important, if not more to a side trying to get out of a tough Championship, over 40 odd games. I also think the 5 would be better suited to Premier League football. FF is very effective player, when he can be bothered and when available. But at various times here during his career, for whatever reason, he hasn't been on it.

He has drifted in and out of games, and this a lot of the adulation is about some fans searching for a hero. He ain't Puskas like some on here seem to think. In an ideal world you would build a side around him, but he isn't reliable, for quite a few reasons. 

I wouldn't want to lose any of those, but only losing ff makes me worry about dropping points because of it.

25 minutes ago, vulva said:

That is just an agenda to knock Forestieri. It seems obvious to me (and I am sure other people too including first team players and coaching staff) that whether you take last season as evidence or this season, whenever FF plays to his potential, the whole team rise a gear or two. A fit, focused and motivated FF does make a big difference to the dynamics of the team and scares the living daylights out of opposition players. 

Sorry, I've just seen your other post and that sheds a little more light on your reasoning.

Edited by ChinaOwl

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

That is just an agenda to knock Forestieri. It seems obvious to me (and I am sure other people too including first team players and coaching staff) that whether you take last season as evidence or this season, whenever FF plays to his potential, the whole team rise a gear or two. A fit, focused and motivated FF does make a big difference to the dynamics of the team and scares the living daylights out of opposition players. 

Good points. The key though is a 'fit, focused and motivated' FF, and the dynamics of the team. As much as may be an integral part of our rise to 5th place, his strop prior to the Norwich game may be a good reason why we struggled early on. 

13 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

Maybe the 'FF out Brigade', the 'i can't forgive what he did at the Norwich game brigade', the 'he should know better brigade', and all the other know all, (really know f**k all) moronic fellow travelers, (a good proportion who probably share the CC out agenda), will maybe finally be happy when FF is hounded out of the club and is ripping our team to shreds on behalf of one of our main rivals.

No doubt when this happens they will blame CC for letting him leave and will fervently proclaim their personal innocence in the matter and that they actually always argued on behalf of FF remaining at the club and that they always appreciated his unique talent even allowing for his occasional lapses due to his fiery Latin temperament.

This will however pass relatively un-noticed as the self proclaimed guardians of the moral high ground who lecture us on FFs lack of self discipline will be ripping to shreds the latest target of their invective.

The only difference will probably be the gulf in natural talent between between FF and the latest scapegoat.

We've been here before and it didn't end well. Remember?

With exceptional talent comes a certain cost. Suarez, Maradona to name just two. This temperament  need handling very carefully, but the rewards are more than worth it.  

Or we can do what we have always done in the past, and don't engage in quality. Stick with boring, predictable, journey men that no one else wants. They'd never refuse to play, or never do anything controversial, in fact never do anything. Maybe that would reflect the personalities of FFs detractor's and they would be once again happy, wallowing in their overbearing mediocrity.

Exactly. He was completely mindless for the red card yesterday and deserved to be sent off. I'm sure he knows that himself. Let's not vilify him.

Guest Deleted member

3 goals in 3, really back to his best, chasing back when he lost the ball EVERY TIME, at the heart of everything creative we do.

When FF ticks, Wednesday perform, and some think f*** him?

I wonder about the intelligence of our fans. although we still have people who hate Di Canio...

Instead of complaining about him occasionally reacting to intense provocation every time he has the ball at his feet pick out poo managers like Grayson who would rather spoil a game by cheating, allocating players in shifts to kick, pull, foul, verbally abuse our greatest talent because they've got nobody else as talented. Stop the player by any means fair or foul

Or referees who allow it to happen, then react when he reacts either to the player, or to them asking for some support

What he did yesterday was stupid. But i would have reacted a lot sooner, and so would pretty much everybody else. Yes he's paid well to deliver on the pitch. He's done that brilliantly last few weeks, we need him back asap.

And we need to keep him in January too. Given a straight choice between him and Rhodes I'd pick FF every single time

Guest Copthorneowl
15 minutes ago, Grandad said:

3 goals in 3, really back to his best, chasing back when he lost the ball EVERY TIME, at the heart of everything creative we do.

When FF ticks, Wednesday perform, and some think f*** him?

I wonder about the intelligence of our fans. although we still have people who hate Di Canio...

Instead of complaining about him occasionally reacting to intense provocation every time he has the ball at his feet pick out poo managers like Grayson who would rather spoil a game by cheating, allocating players in shifts to kick, pull, foul, verbally abuse our greatest talent because they've got nobody else as talented. Stop the player by any means fair or foul

Or referees who allow it to happen, then react when he reacts either to the player, or to them asking for some support

What he did yesterday was stupid. But i would have reacted a lot sooner, and so would pretty much everybody else. Yes he's paid well to deliver on the pitch. He's done that brilliantly last few weeks, we need him back asap.

And we need to keep him in January too. Given a straight choice between him and Rhodes I'd pick FF every single time

Very good post and spot well said.