Steering Group

As per other thread 

SWFC FANS' STEERING GROUP
Present: Trevor Braithwait (Chair) Alastair Wilson, Sales. Joe Palmer, COO. Mr Chansiri, Chairman

Breakdown of summery:

Mr Chansiri thanked the fans for their support. "We sold just over 20,000 season tickets" for the first time in the clubs history. We sold more shirts than at any time in SWFC's history.
The commitment from the fans "warms my heart" and makes me want to give more to make our club a success.
Mr Chansiri said he now spends more time in England than in his own country. He is sacrificing family time to make SWFC as successful as possible.
"If I stay here for so long, I miss my family... So what is the point if we don't succeed? That is why I am determined to make us succeed"
----------------------------------------------
Further improvements to Hillsborough are in 'the process'.
"Drawings" for the West Stand are done and need reviewing before work can start.
-------------------------------------------------
A "Singing section"... Will be seriously looked in to.
Joe Palmer, the SWFC COO has a lot of knowledge from his experience working in Europe and believes England has an appetite for this and will work with fans in making this viable.
(No prizes for guessing who brought this up ;) )
---------------------------------------------------
SWFC have some "Really special" plans in place for our 150th anniversary celebrations.
A "prestigious Summer Friendly" in 2017 will be announced in the New Year.
Any suggestions from the fans are welcomed and anything within the clubs power to help make 2017/18 150th anniversary will be gratefully received
-----------------------------------------------------
Mr Chansiri will spend "whatever it takes" to get us to the Premier League. His hands are tied in regards to FFP but the more income he gets then the more he will spend.
"For every £100 I get from the fans, I will put in £10,000"
------------------------------------------------------

Significant investment made to ALL kiosks at Hillsborough. New EPoS system in place this weekend.
May experience some early glitches but any problems will be sorted ASAP
-------------------------------------------------------

Having "CHANSIRI" on the North stand is an income generation project.

"We have to play in the rules of FFP but we will NOT be caught out. I have to do things to make us stay in the rules"
--------------------------------------------------------

Next season's kit is still being negotiated.
There are several manufacturers that the club are negotiating with.
"We may go in-house" and get a local company to make our kit rather than a global brand. That way we have more say over design, volume etc...

"When you put in an order for more stock with big companies like Sondico, they want 26 weeks notice before delivery... Nike want a year... Which is why we may go local"
----------------------------------------------------------

Season tickets for 2017/2018 will be on sale from February/March time
----------------------------------------------------------

A new sales/retail manager appointed with high street/sports experience and vast improvements will be coming soon

1 hour ago, walkleyblue said:

Thanks alot for that mate, I thought that was the jist of it. There's normally a quite detailed recap of the meetings put up after that's all.

Also from owls alive on twitter 

For years it has been part of the match-day experience at Hillsborough – the dreaded calculator.

Anyone who’s been for a pre-match pie or a half time pint will have suffered at the hands of the thumping of the chunky buttons.

But now, the end is nigh.

It was revealed at Monday’s steering group meeting that a new EPoS system has been installed in all kiosks.

Basically this is where the prices are pre-programmed in, so the employee only needs to press the “Guinness” button to register a sale of Guinness.

Surely even our staff can manage this? Time will tell.

We’re told to expect a few teething issues on Saturday as it gets its maiden outing.

The state of catering facilities was one of the main subjects covered at the meeting, featuring a panel of the Chairman Dejphon Chansiri, along with Chief Operating Officer Joe Palmer, Director of Comms Trevor Braithwait and Ticket Office Manager Alastair Wilson.

I guess most people won’t have been to one of these meetings – indeed it was my first – so here’s quick outline of how it works:

It’s actually a simple system and a relatively smooth process. There were about 30 people, representing various fan groups, with the panel on the top table. Each person asks a question, with a chance to ask additional at the end. No subject is off-limits, and indeed there are no questions they refuse to answer.

Off-field improvements on the way

Now, on to some more of the interesting stuff to come out of the meeting.

All things catering

On catering, we’ll see new food options coming soon, and more “local” ale.

There are other improvements being considered. For example (although no promise this will happen) screens showing live information about what food options are available at that kiosk.

When they run out of Chicken Balti pies, the screen will show this. This is just an example of the ideas they’re looking at.

They never actually run out of Chicken Balti pies, of course, due to them being flipping disgusting.

Crusted curried goodness

Crusted curried goodness

They’re looking into contactless payments, and the ability to pre-order for half time. Some kiosks may stay open through the second half and after full time. Expect improvements from January, we’re told.

Mobile venders (think interval at the cinema in the old days) are something they’re looking to introduce so you can buy a bottle of pop without queuing with all the beer monsters.

The rules about flasks will soon be relaxed – good news for tea and Bovril fans alike!

All things finance

There was a very generic answer from the chairman regarding a new contract for Forestieri. He’s not giving anything away on this one.

Staying (fingers crossed)

The Chansiri seating on the North Stand is indeed a sponsorship deal to enable him to put money into the club.

We still have an advisory recruitment panel, as we have had since Chansiri took over.

Recruitment isn’t just down to Carlos, although he is on this panel. Chansiri quick to point out previous recruitment wasn’t all down to Glenn Roeder. Most people in the room struggle to remember who the hell Glenn Roeder is.

We sold over 20,000 season tickets. A very small number (about 25) didn’t get them in time for the Villa game. Lessons have been learned and it won’t happen again.

Just under thirty fans flew to Cardiff. They might do something similar again.

A new retail manager has been appointed. They’ve been in the job for a couple of weeks now. The range in the shop will improve. However, the club enjoyed record shirt sales this season, despite the stripe or no stripe and pricing controversies. Sales were up by around a third.

Beach towels have sold out. Yep, in November. There will be more in stock by the Barnsley game. Big news.

There won’t be any more shirt stock orders. It takes 24 weeks from order to delivery. Once the current stock is gone, that’s it.

The club is looking at several options for kit manufacturer for next season, including making our own (a-la-Southampton a couple of years ago).

There will be a special third kit to mark the 150th anniversary next season. Fans will be invited to send in their designs.

They are “talking” about a retail unit in the city centre and maybe a kiosk in Meadowhall. Again, neither imminent

All things match-day and tickets

Leppings Lane lower will be offered to home fans for games where we look like selling out, if they are allowed to by the SAG.

Around 900 seats are being lost in the North with the current safety improvements.

There are some big plans to mark the anniversary including some sort of special pre-season game. No clues given. Someone asks if it’s Real Madrid. Poker faces all round.

Some of the TVs on the Kop have been moved for safety reasons (people gathering to watch them etc).

Half season tickets will be announced soon. They’ll start from the Wolves game. That’s Wolves at home, not Wolves away (holla to Wednesday Week listeners).

Some “drawings” of Leppings Lane refurbishment have been done but Chansiri isn’t happy with them. Still planning some work here though. Farewell faded Presto roofing maybe?

The 10 game ticket bundle is still being explored but proving difficult to achieve with the current ticketing company’s systems.

We will take Sheffield Wednesday stewards to away games where possible, like Wolves away at the weekend (that’s two mentions), but it’s the host club who are responsible for stewarding ultimately.

The new fancy badge on the South Stand will be lit up with some floodlights. The less fancy badge on the Kop is ‘temporary’ says the chairman. He refers to it as ‘the sticker’.

No radical changes here - yet

No radical changes here – yet

Wifi around the stadium not imminent. Some systems have been tested. I got the impression that this this is a non-starter.

The club will investigate a singing area; likely to ask fans for feedback early next year and set up a test area next season if there is demand.

We were the only club so far to take up Derby on the multi-buy discount for tickets, all the others found it too complicated. Nice bit of a saving for away fans this, good work from Alastair.

No update on stadium sponsorship. This leads to a discussion about corporate pricing which lasts for 45 minutes. It was my question, unfortunately.

I stop writing at this point as my hand hurts but suffice to say Chansiri feels very passionately about the pricing for hospitality being correct considering the on-pitch improvements.

They’re looking to extend links with the universities. Students are offered discounted tickets through their uni. We sell more to uni students than United do, apparently.

The main website is getting an upgrade soon. Apparently it’s very good. Likely that improvements to the retail site will follow, which is good news as everyone agrees it’s pretty naff.

It’s “too early” to talk about a site for a new stadium, says Chansiri.

And the chairman also tells us he’s spending more time here than he is at home with his family this season.

Blue-Break-03.jpg

As ever, Chansiri comes across as passionate, committed, and determined. He wants promotion, make no mistake.

This was my first experience of Joe Palmer. I like the cut of this guy’s jib. He speaks well and with a reassuring confidence. He seems to know his stuff and appears open and – well – professional.

Overall it was an enjoyable and interesting experience. There was probably nothing earth shattering to come from the meeting, but signs of progress across much of the business.

OWLS ALIVE circliar yeller SPACE

James
Owls Alive
E-MAIL: admin@owlsalive.com
TWITTER: @OwlsAlive and @jamesmarriot

37 minutes ago, Arnold said:

Also from owls alive on twitter 

For years it has been part of the match-day experience at Hillsborough – the dreaded calculator.

Anyone who’s been for a pre-match pie or a half time pint will have suffered at the hands of the thumping of the chunky buttons.

But now, the end is nigh.

It was revealed at Monday’s steering group meeting that a new EPoS system has been installed in all kiosks.

Basically this is where the prices are pre-programmed in, so the employee only needs to press the “Guinness” button to register a sale of Guinness.

Surely even our staff can manage this? Time will tell.

We’re told to expect a few teething issues on Saturday as it gets its maiden outing.

The state of catering facilities was one of the main subjects covered at the meeting, featuring a panel of the Chairman Dejphon Chansiri, along with Chief Operating Officer Joe Palmer, Director of Comms Trevor Braithwait and Ticket Office Manager Alastair Wilson.

I guess most people won’t have been to one of these meetings – indeed it was my first – so here’s quick outline of how it works:

It’s actually a simple system and a relatively smooth process. There were about 30 people, representing various fan groups, with the panel on the top table. Each person asks a question, with a chance to ask additional at the end. No subject is off-limits, and indeed there are no questions they refuse to answer.

Off-field improvements on the way

Now, on to some more of the interesting stuff to come out of the meeting.

All things catering

On catering, we’ll see new food options coming soon, and more “local” ale.

There are other improvements being considered. For example (although no promise this will happen) screens showing live information about what food options are available at that kiosk.

When they run out of Chicken Balti pies, the screen will show this. This is just an example of the ideas they’re looking at.

They never actually run out of Chicken Balti pies, of course, due to them being flipping disgusting.

Crusted curried goodness

Crusted curried goodness

They’re looking into contactless payments, and the ability to pre-order for half time. Some kiosks may stay open through the second half and after full time. Expect improvements from January, we’re told.

Mobile venders (think interval at the cinema in the old days) are something they’re looking to introduce so you can buy a bottle of pop without queuing with all the beer monsters.

The rules about flasks will soon be relaxed – good news for tea and Bovril fans alike!

All things finance

There was a very generic answer from the chairman regarding a new contract for Forestieri. He’s not giving anything away on this one.

The Chansiri seating on the North Stand is indeed a sponsorship deal to enable him to put money into the club.

We still have an advisory recruitment panel, as we have had since Chansiri took over.

Recruitment isn’t just down to Carlos, although he is on this panel. Chansiri quick to point out previous recruitment wasn’t all down to Glenn Roeder. Most people in the room struggle to remember who the hell Glenn Roeder is.

We sold over 20,000 season tickets. A very small number (about 25) didn’t get them in time for the Villa game. Lessons have been learned and it won’t happen again.

Just under thirty fans flew to Cardiff. They might do something similar again.

A new retail manager has been appointed. They’ve been in the job for a couple of weeks now. The range in the shop will improve. However, the club enjoyed record shirt sales this season, despite the stripe or no stripe and pricing controversies. Sales were up by around a third.

Beach towels have sold out. Yep, in November. There will be more in stock by the Barnsley game. Big news.

There won’t be any more shirt stock orders. It takes 24 weeks from order to delivery. Once the current stock is gone, that’s it.

The club is looking at several options for kit manufacturer for next season, including making our own (a-la-Southampton a couple of years ago).

There will be a special third kit to mark the 150th anniversary next season. Fans will be invited to send in their designs.

They are “talking” about a retail unit in the city centre and maybe a kiosk in Meadowhall. Again, neither imminent

All things match-day and tickets

Leppings Lane lower will be offered to home fans for games where we look like selling out, if they are allowed to by the SAG.

Around 900 seats are being lost in the North with the current safety improvements.

There are some big plans to mark the anniversary including some sort of special pre-season game. No clues given. Someone asks if it’s Real Madrid. Poker faces all round.

Some of the TVs on the Kop have been moved for safety reasons (people gathering to watch them etc).

Half season tickets will be announced soon. They’ll start from the Wolves game. That’s Wolves at home, not Wolves away (holla to Wednesday Week listeners).

Some “drawings” of Leppings Lane refurbishment have been done but Chansiri isn’t happy with them. Still planning some work here though. Farewell faded Presto roofing maybe?

The 10 game ticket bundle is still being explored but proving difficult to achieve with the current ticketing company’s systems.

We will take Sheffield Wednesday stewards to away games where possible, like Wolves away at the weekend (that’s two mentions), but it’s the host club who are responsible for stewarding ultimately.

The new fancy badge on the South Stand will be lit up with some floodlights. The less fancy badge on the Kop is ‘temporary’ says the chairman. He refers to it as ‘the sticker’.

No radical changes here - yet

No radical changes here – yet

Wifi around the stadium not imminent. Some systems have been tested. I got the impression that this this is a non-starter.

The club will investigate a singing area; likely to ask fans for feedback early next year and set up a test area next season if there is demand.

We were the only club so far to take up Derby on the multi-buy discount for tickets, all the others found it too complicated. Nice bit of a saving for away fans this, good work from Alastair.

No update on stadium sponsorship. This leads to a discussion about corporate pricing which lasts for 45 minutes. It was my question, unfortunately.

I stop writing at this point as my hand hurts but suffice to say Chansiri feels very passionately about the pricing for hospitality being correct considering the on-pitch improvements.

They’re looking to extend links with the universities. Students are offered discounted tickets through their uni. We sell more to uni students than United do, apparently.

The main website is getting an upgrade soon. Apparently it’s very good. Likely that improvements to the retail site will follow, which is good news as everyone agrees it’s pretty naff.

It’s “too early” to talk about a site for a new stadium, says Chansiri.

And the chairman also tells us he’s spending more time here than he is at home with his family this season.

Blue-Break-03.jpg

As ever, Chansiri comes across as passionate, committed, and determined. He wants promotion, make no mistake.

This was my first experience of Joe Palmer. I like the cut of this guy’s jib. He speaks well and with a reassuring confidence. He seems to know his stuff and appears open and – well – professional.

Overall it was an enjoyable and interesting experience. There was probably nothing earth shattering to come from the meeting, but signs of progress across much of the business.

OWLS ALIVE circliar yeller SPACE

James
Owls Alive
E-MAIL: admin@owlsalive.com
TWITTER: @OwlsAlive and @jamesmarriot

Thanks alot mate.