Jump to content

Has anyone got one of these?


Recommended Posts

Just now, Orlando_Trustful said:

I've got Pembridge. How rare are we talking? Definitely willing to sell. 

 

He was one of the more common ones back in the 90s but that could be because he wasn't a great seller.

I have him, Hirst, Pressman, Bright and Waddle 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A mate of mine used to have these things made in China and hand painted then he 'sold' them through Portsmouth club shop. They were all of Portsmouth players and bore a slight resemblance to the players they were supposed to depict.

 

He thought he would make his fortune, the problem was that to keep his costs down he had to have each figure made in lots of 10,000. I thought he was mad but he was convinced it was a good idea.

 

It all went pear shaped, their new star player left and he'd got thousands of figures left,  players changed their hair style/colour etc. Worst of all he was supplying them to the club shop as that was about the only way he could market them, they wanted a big mark up and sale or return.. It didn't matter because they never paid him for what they sold.

 

He lost thousands, I've no idea if he ever managed to shift the rest because we lost touch.

 

(True story). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pulsar said:

Totally forgot about these,  I still have the Beatties price tag on one from when I bought them on Pinstone street.

Some were impossible to find but there were plenty of others.

20161129_201951.jpg

 

That Sheridan in the box will be worth a lot.

 

Also, Gi' Wayne's plaque back.

 

One on here unboxed for £40

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CORINTHIAN-JOHN-SHERIDAN-SHEFFIELD-WEDNESDAY-PRE-99-FAPL-PL93-PROSTAR-FIGURE-/182349856615?hash=item2a74e5ff67:g:5goAAOSwvgdW5UZa

Edited by Whitechapel Owl
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

 

That Sheridan in the box will be worth a lot.

 

Also, Gi' Wayne's plaque back.

 

One on here unboxed for £40

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CORINTHIAN-JOHN-SHERIDAN-SHEFFIELD-WEDNESDAY-PRE-99-FAPL-PL93-PROSTAR-FIGURE-/182349856615?hash=item2a74e5ff67:g:5goAAOSwvgdW5UZa

 

 

Wow thanks for the link Whitechapel, eye opening prices.

I paid 2.25 for these in 1995 so not a bad mark up, I couldn't part with 'em though.

 

By the way, what does 'Wayne's plaque' mean?

Am I being whooshed? :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

 

 

Wow thanks for the link Whitechapel, eye opening prices.

I paid 2.25 for these in 1995 so not a bad mark up, I couldn't part with 'em though.

 

By the way, what does 'Wayne's plaque' mean?

Am I being whooshed? :)

 

Have a look at the thread pinned at the top in Matchday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

 

Have a look at the thread pinned at the top in Matchday.

 

 

That's exactly the same as mine!!

Hmm, not exactly unique then?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/11/2016 at 21:27, Pulsar said:

Totally forgot about these,  I still have the Beatties price tag on one from when I bought them on Pinstone street.

Some were impossible to find but there were plenty of others.

20161129_201951.jpg

 

I hope you're still looking after your Sheridan Pulsar? 

 

 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-BLISTER-PACK-CORINTHIAN-HEADLINER-JOHN-SHERIDAN-SHEFFIELD-WEDNESDAY-PL93/392857319534?_mwBanner=1&ul_ref=https%3A%2F%2Frover.ebay.com%2Frover%2F0%2F0%2F0%3Fmpre%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F392857319534%26rvr_id%3D0%26rvr_ts%3D8795d5e11740aa666d9143edfff80fe6&ul_noapp=true&pageci=a1174b75-d738-4899-950c-ef8f05057ee3#vi__app-cvip-panel

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got a couple of these somewhere I think unless my son has taken em and he'll have them at his house. 

For some reason I've also got one of Asa Hartford in Man City kit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I've got a couple of these somewhere I think unless my son has taken em and he'll have them at his house. 

For some reason I've also got one of Asa Hartford in Man City kit. 

Franny Lee not Hartford. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Prices have shot up in past 6 months, lockdown sent a lot of people retro crazy. I sold Stuart Ripley deftly on eBay for over £30

Anyone with a Pembridge boxed mint now could make some stupid cash. Wish I could find mine I had him about 97 but no idea where it's gone. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...