Praise For Carlos

I think we need to give huge praise to Carlos for our previous two performances.

After the Ipswich game the daggers were out some might say his job was in the balance.

But fair play to him for making the changes he did in both personal and tactics and getting us back playing again.

Fully expect us to kick on from here and have a real push for promotion

Carlos is our king.

:manager:

I don't think his job has ever been 'in the balance'- only in the minds of some on here. For the majority of the posts stirring up tosh I smell pork, the others are just a minority of fickle knee-jerkers that are represented in most clubs up-and-down the country. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

I don't think he needs praise for getting a couple of results out of a team that's cost a lot of money. It's his job. He needs to keep the momentum going into the Christmas period then he might warrant praise. 

If he doesn't deserve praise then he doesn't deserve criticism...

4 hours ago, james o connor said:

I don't think he needs praise for getting a couple of results out of a team that's cost a lot of money. It's his job. He needs to keep the momentum going into the Christmas period then he might warrant praise. 

He would have to win the Premier league five seasons on the trot before you applauded him.  

He,s gone back to what worked last season albeit with the addition of Reach. Now is that a master stroke or a manager devoid of new ideas?

We have to give him the benefit of the doubt. We should have won at Fulham and looked very good at Wolves so lets hope we can continue the momentum. Only time will tell but prior to the last two games we have looked very average yet we are on the coat tails of the leading pack. If Carlos can keep us playing like yesterday and we need to start doing this in home games then yes Carlos will deserve a massive praise.

Praise for two good performances. And for making the changes that were needed to bring about that improvement. Fair enough.

But let's see how we do against Preston before thinking we've turned a corner.

If Preston defend like Ipswich, do we have the guile to break them down? Will we end up with endless sideways passes across the back four? 

It was a game I fully expected to lose; big crowd away from home and a new manager.  Credit where it's due, Carlos got the team and tactics that led to a win.

One win or one defeat doesn't make or break a season.  I'll be most interested to see where we are when January comes around and the transfer window is open.

6 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

Praise for two good performances. And for making the changes that were needed to bring about that improvement. Fair enough.

But let's see how we do against Preston before thinking we've turned a corner.

If Preston defend like Ipswich, do we have the guile to break them down? Will we end up with endless sideways passes across the back four? 

If we do pass round the back four just hope we don't start to boo. 

Away from home we seem to have the tactics pretty spot on with the counter attacking football.

Just hope we can get off to an early start at home as we don't want to be relying on late winners all the time.

My biggest fear Saturday is that he reverts back to Jones in midfield and Bannan on the right.

8 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Away from home we seem to have the tactics pretty spot on with the counter attacking football.

Just hope we can get off to an early start at home as we don't want to be relying on late winners all the time.

My biggest fear Saturday is that he reverts back to Jones in midfield and Bannan on the right.

My biggest fear is that the team aren't at it like they (brilliantly) have been for the last couple of games.

50 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Injuries apart, I expect same eleven to start. So maybe Palmer for Hunt.