The top 6 Championship places

I don't think we've yet built a squad that enables to say, we expect to be challenging for the promotion spots. We kinda lost our way a bit in the summer, which may have set us back a bit. That's not to say we didn't recruit some good players, we did, but maybe there was a little, shall we say, confused thinking. Let's face it, from where we were last May, having been able to keep the squad together, AND add nearly £10m worth of talent, we should be a little further down the road. In fairness though, even with a more targeted approach in last summers window, we still perhaps be slightly short of challenging for an automatic place.

This is a tough division, a very competitive league, especially around the top half, so although we can still go up, we are still very much outsiders. If we don't make it, as long as we continue to build, I'm sure we can challenge again the following season. And we will of course have six easy points next season, to help towards the cause. 

Though promotion this season, is still very much our aim, if it isn't to be, the last thing we need to do, is change course. Stick with the plan, a bit of tweaking and a few better players and we will eventually get there.

4 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Villa will be no where near the top 2.

Derby wont get in the playoffs either, they'll just out. There poor start will cost them dear

There is something rotten at the heart of Villa. I don't think they will feature. They could need a while at this level before going up.

Derby will bottle it, they always do.

Top two will stay as it is. 

The 4 to make the play offs will be 

Norwich

Derby

Us 

Could be anyone but Villa to nick it. 

It wouldn't actually surprise me if none of the teams currently in the play offs don't finish in them. Depends if Norwich sort themselves out. 

37 minutes ago, prowl said:

There is something rotten at the heart of Villa. I don't think they will feature. They could need a while at this level before going up.

Derby will bottle it, they always do.

Wishful thinking I fear.

Proven managers at this level, strong squads, and money.

One or both owners are certainly capable of throwing a wobbler, but still think it's straw clutching.

Holmowl,I live near Birmingham and know a few Villa fans, nice guys. My comments come from talking to them over a few pints. They have picked a good manager so maybe he will do the business.

Derby, They might be our bogey team but how many times have they bottled it over recent years. McClaren is proven manager but not in a good way. I really don't rate their chances.