The top 6 Championship places

Screen Shot 2016-11-23 at 09.47.59.png

I think there's a lot of changes to come in the top half of the Championship this season but not in the top two. I can't see Newcastle or Brighton dropping out of the top two and think Newcastle will be clear champions.

This leaves four more places to scrap for in order to get a playoff place and that's where all the dirty movements will take place.

Whilst Reading are on a roll currently I don't think they'll keep up that kind of form for the rest of the season so I can see them dropping down a couple of places but still keeping a play-off place and may even make the final (could even win that and get promoted)

Looking at Norwich they're on a dismal run and I think they'll fall to mid-table and finish around 12th (purely my personal prediction that one)

Where I can see teams springing up from mid-table I think Derby County and QPR will have a great second half to this season and start to make their way up the league towards playoffs. I can see QPR hitting a playoff place this season on the outside rails

Huddersfield's season is over. They'll plummet down and down and be forced to try and think up a few new songs for Nahki Wells to keep him at the club

lol

Leeds can sod off. They're overachieving currently but won't be able to keep it up

Fulham will finish strongly

And Rotherham won't win a single game between now and the end of the season. 

There you go... that's how it will all pan out this season

Owlstalk Shop

The division is much more competitive this season

Disregarding the top 2 - i expect Hudds and Birmingham to fall out of the top 6 but then i think there are about 6-8 clubs who will be looking to fill the next 4 places

I always said Newcastle will be nailed on for promotion - but the 2nd spot is very much up for grabs imo as i don't see Brighton having an easy ride to stay up there

I quite fancy Ville to challenge for that

If we persist with pretty much last seasons team then i fear we might miss out - last season there was no real challenger for the 6th spot - and even then we hit a low points haul for a team finishing 6th

It won't be good enough this season - unless there are enough teams in the mix that teams just keep taking points off each other

What happens in january is gonna be key - for many clubs

2 minutes ago, scram said:

The division is much more competitive this season

Disregarding the top 2 - i expect Hudds and Birmingham to fall out of the top 6 but then i think there are about 6-8 clubs who will be looking to fill the next 4 places

I always said Newcastle will be nailed on for promotion - but the 2nd spot is very much up for grabs imo as i don't see Brighton having an easy ride to stay up there

I quite fancy Ville to challenge for that

If we persist with pretty much last seasons team then i fear we might miss out - last season there was no real challenger for the 6th spot - and even then we hit a low points haul for a team finishing 6th

It won't be good enough this season - unless there are enough teams in the mix that teams just keep taking points off each other

What happens in january is gonna be key - for many clubs

sounds about right ......we are in the mix for the play offs even though we havnt hit our straps yet .i'm confident that IF  we do we can be in there come may.

I think we have the squad to be getting into one of those top 6 places. 

We have an awful lot of talent, albeit there are shortcomings in the squad which are being exposed this season (lack of pace, physicality, width and frankly goalscoring). 

In saying that I would take our squad over most of the sides in this division. 

A long way to go, but we need to up our game a fair bit if we are to do anything this season. 

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I think we have the squad to be getting into one of those top 6 places. 

We have an awful lot of talent, albeit there are shortcomings in the squad which are being exposed this season (lack of pace, physicality, width and frankly goalscoring). 

In saying that I would take our squad over most of the sides in this division. 

A long way to go, but we need to up our game a fair bit if we are to do anything this season. 

We do have all those things in the squad, but choose not to be using some of them right now.

28 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Newcastle

Brighton

Derby

Villa

Norwich (after flirting with missing out and ditching AN)

Owls 

As I have said elsewhere this morning, I see us playing Bruce again at Wembley.

So you have us beating our bogey side over 2 legs?

Hope you're right but I would rather play any of the other teams than Derby. They just seem to have our number.

3 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

So you have us beating our bogey side over 2 legs?

Hope you're right but I would rather play any of the other teams than Derby. They just seem to have our number.

You spotted the flaw in my cunning plan.