Next 8 games

7 minutes ago, ash60s said:

dint realise tables finished so soon

where exactly did we finish mate?

Course I'm bloody not!

Its where we finish in May that counts - or it used to!!!:manager:

Actually 13 would put us on 38, 2 games in to the second leg.

So it would be around the same league position as we are in now. 

Fair enough. I guess.

Hope you're right. But you can't take anything for granted in this tough competitive division.

I do think though that despite not hitting top gear yet, we're doing alright but I'd like us to play a more balanced side, with Hutchinson back in midfield and two proper wingers on the flanks.

Hopefully Forestieri is back to his best too and we'll go back to the fluid, attacking, energetic and pressing game that served us so well last season.

Edited by Milan Missing Marble

21 minutes ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

Hope you're right. But you can't take anything for granted in this tough competitive division.

I do think though that despite not hitting top gear yet, we're doing alright but I'd like us to play a more balanced side, with Hutchinson back in midfield and two proper wingers on the flanks.

Hopefully Forestieri is back to his best too and we'll go back to the fluid, attacking, energetic and pressing game that served us so well last season.

Carlos wont do it . He`s too stubborn and will stick will 3 centre mids which makes us very narrow and unbalanced. 

Neither 11 nor 13 points will be enough from those games to maintain play-off aspirations.  As the OP says this is a relatively easy set of games (although it is clear in this division the margins of difference are so small that anyone can beat anyone) so we must capitalise now or slip away from the leading pack.

By the way this will not be helped by Hutch moving to midfield.  He is excellent at the back, and too prone to making wreckless challenges playing in midfield.  People have told me that is what Jones was bought for, and is doing so well at (well that's what they tell me but I'm yet to be fully convinced).

Edited by Reyt Part Timer

8 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Wolves (a) - lose

Preston (h) - win

Reading (a) - lose

Barnsley (h) - win

Rotherham (h) - win

Newcaslte (a) - lose

Preston (a) - draw

Wolves (h) - draw

11 points I think.

Someone posted the other day that 1.65 points per game should see us 6th.

14 points gets that.

4 wins and 2 draws should absolutely not be a problem if we really are a challenger.