Extended highlights

1 hour ago, modboy said:

Bit lucky weren't we not to lose that 

Thought with comments on here we had been dominant 

They had the last ten mins. Other than that we controlled the game failed to kill the game off. Either by poor misses or the wrong pass. The last ten we just gave the ball away all the time and let them keep coming at us. Poor by cc not to have changed this I thought

3 minutes ago, ViolaOwls said:

They had the last ten mins. Other than that we controlled the game failed to kill the game off. Either by poor misses or the wrong pass. The last ten we just gave the ball away all the time and let them keep coming at us. Poor by cc not to have changed this I thought

Yep should have brought Nuhiu on for the last 10/15 mins. Great option for getting hold of the ball up front when you can't get it clear and also our best defender at set pieces.

5 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Yep should have brought Nuhiu on for the last 10/15 mins. Great option for getting hold of the ball up front when you can't get it clear and also our best defender at set pieces.

Not a nuhui fan but agree. This was a role for him. Should have come on

Bannan should have took a touch, controlled the ball and had a shot instead of blasting it first time... and God knows what Hooper was upto.. 2 amazing chances yet again squandered. I sometimes wonder if we are just not getting the rub of the green and the players are lacking confidence. Surely we are due a 3/4 niller!

5 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

Bannan should have took a touch, controlled the ball and had a shot instead of blasting it first time... and God knows what Hooper was upto.. 2 amazing chances yet again squandered. I sometimes wonder if we are just not getting the rub of the green and the players are lacking confidence. Surely we are due a 3/4 niller!

Wallace lunged at the ball when he had more time to square it. We keep saying 3/4 nil but I just can't see this happening whilst we are still trying to walk it in

We rely on winning by the odd goal every game. Its no suprise when we can't hold on. No team expecting promotion is gonna achieve it by taking every game to the wire. We need convincing goal creating games where we dominate the opposition and win convincingly. If this does not happen we can forget promotion.

It was nearly the classic away performance. You're always going to

come under pressure away.

The clear weaknesses though were the lack of a true outlet to take the ball up the pitch and give us a breather. Plus, the failure to sign someone to do what Hutchinson does in midfield. We need the physicality but not the recklessness.

Had Hutchinson not gone in studs up early on he wouldn't have been walking that tight rope later in the game. Midfield was dominated after he came off.