Jump to content

Recommended Posts

no. sack him & we could regret it for a long time

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


It's a NO from me. Admittedly we're not quite there right now but we're bloody close. Getting rid of Carlos and bringing in someone new will put us much further away from getting it spot on imo.

 

Frustrating today that we couldn't push on and get that second goal to put it to bed.When you're 1-0 up away the home team are always going to have a spell of exerted pressure ... Fulham were poor today so it didn't come until after 82 minutes but when it did we couldn't react to it. Not sure why ? For one thing our ball retention was non existent for that last 10 minutes and that just resulted in non stop pressure and we succumbed. The confidence we played with for 80 minutes needs carrying on for the last 10.  

 

Regardless, for the majority of the game we performed so much better than we used to under all of our recent previous managers. So I say we give Carlos and his team the time to figure it out and get us back on the right track.  

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, but he's on a very slippery slope at the moment. He just doesn't know his best 11.

 

Let's just hope that we can kick on from today's point. We desperately need a win and 3 points, else the moaning Minnies will start to drown out the voices of reason. 

 

Give Carlos until the new year, and then reappraise his position then. 

 

 

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, not yet.

 

I think it is more important to decide who is doing what at the club. I get the feeling that Carlos isn't the one in charge of player recruitment, there are too many signings who don't fit into the way Carlos wants to play.

 

Basically if players are signed and he's told he has to work with them, we need to sort it out and have Carlos choosing the players he wants and needs. If Carlos already has a big input into signing players I'm not so sure he is going to survive, there are too many expensive signings who haven't worked out.

 

We've spent a lot of money and still haven't improved on last year.

It's all quite odd.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, prowl said:

No, not yet.

 

I think it is more important to decide who is doing what at the club. I get the feeling that Carlos isn't the one in charge of player recruitment, there are too many signings who don't fit into the way Carlos wants to play.

 

Basically if players are signed and he's told he has to work with them, we need to sort it out and have Carlos choosing the players he wants and needs. If Carlos already has a big input into signing players I'm not so sure he is going to survive, there are too many expensive signings who haven't worked out.

 

We've spent a lot of money and still haven't improved on last year.

It's all quite odd.

Think it was Ian Holloway taking about the difference between what a manager and a head coach does at a football club. Basically what was said was a manger decides who the club should buy and asks the CEO to sort out the price and buying he manages the day to day running of the players. A  head coach just coaches the players he can have some say in who the club buys and can put forward a list of players he would like to have but ultimately it is out of his hands. Not sure how true this is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, darra said:

Think it was Ian Holloway taking about the difference between what a manager and a head coach does at a football club. Basically what was said was a manger decides who the club should buy and asks the CEO to sort out the price and buying he manages the day to day running of the players. A  head coach just coaches the players he can have some say in who the club buys and can put forward a list of players he would like to have but ultimately it is out of his hands. Not sure how true this is.

I think you are probably right. 

Which is Carlos? I know he started out as a head coach....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, darra said:

Think it was Ian Holloway taking about the difference between what a manager and a head coach does at a football club. Basically what was said was a manger decides who the club should buy and asks the CEO to sort out the price and buying he manages the day to day running of the players. A  head coach just coaches the players he can have some say in who the club buys and can put forward a list of players he would like to have but ultimately it is out of his hands. Not sure how true this is.

This would make sense because I'm sure I read a quote from Carlos earlier in the season saying that he had put his suggestions forward for new players but it was now out of his hands. That said, I also read that he had been watching Adam Reach with interest since he came to the club so he must have been very keen to get him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No but we need to book our ideas up

Edited by DesWalker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No. It makes no logical sense to change at this stage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, darra said:

Think it was Ian Holloway taking about the difference between what a manager and a head coach does at a football club. Basically what was said was a manger decides who the club should buy and asks the CEO to sort out the price and buying he manages the day to day running of the players. A  head coach just coaches the players he can have some say in who the club buys and can put forward a list of players he would like to have but ultimately it is out of his hands. Not sure how true this is.

 

Well, come on, tell us what you think.

 

Carlos out?

 

Is that a YES or a NO ?:wacko: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes 

 

He has taken us as far as he can.

 

He has moved us from relegation fodder to mid table - play offs at best, we need someone to take us to the next level.

 

His tactics, spending, treatment & usage of players brought in have shown he is not capable of taking us to the next level.

 

We are no better than we were last season despite having £10,000,000 injected into our squad. 

 

I am grateful for what he achieved last season but do not think he has the mind set, history, capability or tactics to take us up or keep us up if he got lucky, he is a great servant and credit to the club, but I feel another manager may squeeze the quality out of the players we have by playing them in the right positions and dropping them when they underachieve, something Carlos won't do.

 

Every win we have had this season has been tight, we haven't put anyone to bed and seen the game out, last minute winners for us show this and also against us will cost us valuable points at the end of the season. 

 

CC needs to shift the dead wood, sort defence, settle on a midfield & formation that services the strike force, something which he isn't giving me the evidence he is capable of doing. 

 

  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No!  However if we aren't in the playoffs come the end of the season, I would certainly think about it then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Long term success is built on continuity and a long term plan. 

 

The squad has improved dramatically over the past 2 years, the youth set up is probably the best it's ever been, and the football side of things is definitely improving. 

 

Getting rid would be starting all over again, why the need for instant gratification and thinking because we've signed a couple of £3million players, we should be winning every game. 

 

Villa have spent £20m+ on 2 strikers alone, others clubs have spent money, it's a tough league. 

 

I think setting the promotion target was a stupid thing to do, cos some people are using this a the benchmark for success and anything else is failure. 

 

I can wait another 2-3 years if that's what it takes, as long as we keep progressing as a club. We were so far behind other clubs, we've had to come from being run like a non league club to being able to complete on a relatively short space of time. 

 

Having some stabilty is nice, after the past 20 years. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No!!! We've got people on here that would have sacked Jose Mourinho by now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Head says yes, heart says no.  

 

We over acheived last season, and that has raised the bar. Been a great aquisition, but I've a nagging doubt that we've got the defensive solidity required to get up. We also don't score enough goals. Everyone will have a bad patch, and hopefully we are through ours. We need to thrash someone to get the season going. 

 

I also keep reading about the failure in the summer, and previously, of our transfer policy. Some balance is needed, and to recruit the likes of Lee, Hutchinson, Lees, Westwood, Bannan and Wallace for next to nothing, deserves loads of credit. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mac_77 said:

Yes 

 

He has taken us as far as he can.

 

He has moved us from relegation fodder to mid table - play offs at best, we need someone to take us to the next level.

 

His tactics, spending, treatment & usage of players brought in have shown he is not capable of taking us to the next level.

 

We are no better than we were last season despite having £10,000,000 injected into our squad. 

 

I am grateful for what he achieved last season but do not think he has the mind set, history, capability or tactics to take us up or keep us up if he got lucky, he is a great servant and credit to the club, but I feel another manager may squeeze the quality out of the players we have by playing them in the right positions and dropping them when they underachieve, something Carlos won't do.

 

Every win we have had this season has been tight, we haven't put anyone to bed and seen the game out, last minute winners for us show this and also against us will cost us valuable points at the end of the season. 

 

CC needs to shift the dead wood, sort defence, settle on a midfield & formation that services the strike force, something which he isn't giving me the evidence he is capable of doing. 

 

£10million is peanuts for the Championship these days

Edited by Rogers
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...