Loss of an OWL

Sorry for the loss of your friend Oxon that's very sad. I remember him from my Facebook days, he was a hugely popular poster on there, very polite and always talked sense. His knowledge of Wednesday was fantastic. 

I remember one particular post from him when he had a good win on an accumulator, he explained he'd have just a one or two quid on a several hundred to one bet each week and would usually win once or twice a season, for some reason that post always stuck in my head and I always think of it when I bet on a long shot.

RIP Steve Ball

10 hours ago, OxonOwl said:

Another Owl has been taken too young, losing his battle against cancer today. Steve Ball. RIP

Some of you may know him from his online presence, most recently on Facebook groups, or even in person, but he has been on many other forums too with heartfelt and sometimes controversial opinions but a lifelong Owls fan who was a neighbour when we were growing up and a friend for nearly 50 years.

Steve took me to my first Wednesday game and also to see Santos in 71.

He and his family have shown great courage and dignity this past year during his fight.

I last saw Steve and his son before and after the playoff final and it was particularly moving seeing them after the game both knowing that Steve would not see his beloved team return to the top flight. I think our defeat hurt them much more than most of us.

Steve Ball RIP

Always sad news, RIP Steve Ball

Edited by since59owe

Guest OutandOutOwl

Rest in peace to my beautiful Dad. Husband, father and friend to many people. Passionate season ticket holder for many years.

He was so brave throughout this year and never complaint about the hand he was dealt. We did everything together and that will make these times hard.

I worked to give him hope and things to focus on by completing 12 challenges for Macmillan. These included a Half Marathon, the National 3 Peaks and playing squash for 24hrs

If anyone gets a chance, please check out my page:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/MaxAndTheMac12

Me, my friends and family have raised over £12,000 for Macmillan this year in his honour. If you are touched by the "C" and/or you feel my efforts have been credible please donate.

All the best and hope the lads can get a win for my Dad.

Max Ball

Edited by OutandOutOwl

On ‎19‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:50, OutandOutOwl said:

Rest in peace to my beautiful Dad. Husband, father and friend to many people. Passionate season ticket holder for many years.

He was so brave throughout this year and never complaint about the hand he was dealt. We did everything together and that will make these times hard.

I worked to give him hope and things to focus on by completing 12 challenges for Macmillan. These included a Half Marathon, the National 3 Peaks and playing squash for 24hrs

Me, my friends and family have raised over £12,000 for Macmillan this year in his honour. If you are touched by the "C" and/or you feel my efforts have been credible please donate.

Max Ball

sorry for your loss Max

RIP Steve

WAWAW

Knew Steve on a different forum (Madsteve) where he updated us on his condition over the last year. Told us a few weeks ago he wasn't in a great condition and to expect him to stop posting soon. Even so it came as a shock when I found out.

His knowledge on most things, not just Wednesday, was absolutely fantastic. The stats and post game analysis he provided was top notch. He'll be missed by many. 

RIP Steve and condolences to Max (the "young padawan" Steve spoke about all the time I assume) and family.

Guest OutandOutOwl
1 hour ago, Thurnscoe_OWL said:

Knew Steve on a different forum (Madsteve) where he updated us on his condition over the last year. Told us a few weeks ago he wasn't in a great condition and to expect him to stop posting soon. Even so it came as a shock when I found out.

His knowledge on most things, not just Wednesday, was absolutely fantastic. The stats and post game analysis he provided was top notch. He'll be missed by many. 

RIP Steve and condolences to Max (the "young padawan" Steve spoke about all the time I assume) and family.

Thanks bud.

Yeah the last few weeks have been exceptionally difficult for my Dad and all of us to witness.

He was a great man, well thought of by many, but highly intelligent.

Over the 3 nights since he died I haven't had a good nights sleep yet. I keep thinking he is going to open the door at home and come in, but it is just me going mad.

Is there any way we can do a tribute for him at the next match. I saw someone else passed away and is doing one on the 60th minute.

I am also trying to get a piece in the program about MaxAndTheMac12. It's important to honour his memory now.

Guest Copthorneowl
On 19 November 2016 at 11:50, OutandOutOwl said:

Max Ball

Very well said young man lovely post. RIP you're dad sorry we couldn't get over the line for at Fulham and well done on the fund raising 

Guest Copthorneowl
On 19 November 2016 at 00:06, OxonOwl said:

Another Owl has been taken too young, losing his battle against cancer today. Steve Ball. RIP

Some of you may know him from his online presence, most recently on Facebook groups, or even in person, but he has been on many other forums too with heartfelt and sometimes controversial opinions but a lifelong Owls fan who was a neighbour when we were growing up and a friend for nearly 50 years.

Steve took me to my first Wednesday game and also to see Santos in 71.

He and his family have shown great courage and dignity this past year during his fight.

I last saw Steve and his son before and after the playoff final and it was particuly moving seeing them after the game both knowing that Steve would not see his beloved team return to the top flight. I think our defeat hurt them much more than most of us.

Steve Ball RIP

RIP Steve Ball, really nice post OxonOwl.

6 hours ago, Copthorneowl said:

RIP Steve Ball, really nice post OxonOwl.

Thanks for that. It was a sort of stream of conciousness post shortly after I had heard the news. I wish I had planned it more because there is so much more I could say. However there have been so many nice tributes, I think they may have been covered.