Sheffield Wednesday striker Stevie May

On 14/11/2016 at 14:08, @owlstalk said:

Stevie-May-Sheffield-Wednesday.jpg

Does the Ex-SWFC striker Stevie May actually exist anymore?

Can't remember the last time he was involved or seen

Anyone know?

Joined the mighty St Johnstone.

I know they are big time, as when I was in a boozer in Perth a couple of years ago, their supporters club had a notice board next to the bar. The weekly lucky 1000 number club had rolled over 3 weeks running and they had £78 in the pot.

Funny the things you remember...

Up The Saints I say.

• Haha 3

On 28/03/2017 at 16:45, Bigblueowl said:

Hate to say it but Sam Winnall and May are similar- lots of running about and determination but nowt else. ( maybe a little unfair on Winnall and I hope he proves me wrong) 

Winnall has been with us long enough to make his mark.

Granted it made no sense to sign another useless striker at the same time,  but for me Winnall is past his best.

32 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Winnall has been with us long enough to make his mark.

Granted it made no sense to sign another useless striker at the same time,  but for me Winnall is past his best.

Think Im inclined to agree.It never clicked for him here,he was always down the pecking order,with so much quality ahead of him,he had to hit the ground running straight away,hed have been far better off staying with the inbreds

23 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Think Im inclined to agree.It never clicked for him here,he was always down the pecking order,with so much quality ahead of him,he had to hit the ground running straight away,hed have been far better off staying with the inbreds

Getting Rhodes at the same time must have seriously effed him off, the club has to take some responsibility for not getting the best out of him. 
It looked good business at the time, but again our chairman made bad choices in the transfer market. Calamitous is a good way to describe it.

1 hour ago, BRADDO said:

A million quid I recall mate. 

It was around 250K,we bid in the region of 1.5M for Hourihane & Winnall,but Villa had asked to be alerted if any bid for Hourihane came in and matched Barnsleys asking price the same day we lodged an offer,we didnt get a chance to lodge a 2nd bid,the deal was done,so we lodged a derisory offer for Winnall and he chose us over the other offers,one of which was leeds

Edited by legendaryswan

On 14/11/2016 at 14:15, BRADDO said:

I don't know where he is. i do know we had Preston's pants down. Big time.

haha, so right. 

but he has to be the only player in living memory that we had another clubs pants down with, surely?

who else have we even sold since hjim, apart from Hunt and the Portuguese Bambi?

8 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

It was around 250K,we bid in the region of 1.5M for Hourihane & Winnall,but Villa had asked to be alerted if any bid for Hourihane came in and matched Barnsleys asking price the same day we lodged an offer,we didnt get a chance to lodge a 2nd bid,the deal was done,so we lodged a derisory offer for Winnall and he chose us over the other offers,one of which was leeds

I’m sure I was asking how much PNE paid for Stevie May. 
Anyway, neither of em pulled up any trees. Although no need to bring back Colin West yet.

lol