Sheffield Wednesday striker Stevie May

26 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Not sure he was ever a good player, certainly didn't warrant the jizz fest on here when we signed him. 

Our style of play under Gray at the time, told everyone May arrived at Hillsborough at the wrong time.    UTO 

46 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I hate slagging players off, particularly if they're hard workers but May was rhubarb. He was a yard too slow with his pace, half a second too slow with his reaction and his anticipation was non-existent. He had a couple of good games but largely added nothing. I can't blame him for signing for us though. 

Pretty much nail on the head. 

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Not sure he was ever a good player, certainly didn't warrant the jizz fest on here when we signed him. 

Well we hadn't got much else to cheer about. A moment of hope is all it was.....soon to be taken away when he turned out to be rubbish.

14 hours ago, prowl said:

Well we hadn't got much else to cheer about. A moment of hope is all it was.....soon to be taken away when he turned out to be rubbish.

Yep, we signed a striker for actual money, at the time I think it was the most exciting thing to happen to us in 15 years.

On 14/11/2016 at 15:48, Ellis Rimmer said:

Didn't have a chance with Gray's 10 man defence tactics.

This.

not saying he'd be great with our current setup, but would do better surely. Saying that though the current service from midfield is shibo at the moment, we have the best finisher in the championship on paper and even he struggles to get one. 

Guest BULGARIA
On 11/17/2016 at 15:55, Bradshaw said:

You have to remember he was very well thought of across England.

He had the best goal scoring record in Scotland (better than hoopers)

And playing for a much worse team.

He came here full on confidence, looked good against Derby on his debut then went on to score a lovely goal against Middlesborough away and a great solo goal against Birmingham.

We then, as a team stopped playing attacking football and we we're lucky if we created 1 chance a game. He was also dumped on the right wing some games.

Also i think people forget he is a year younger than Lucas Joao, and he scored more goals in the league than him in his first season with us, in a far worse team with the same game time.

Let that sink in.

Obviously he got a terrible injury after a handful of games for Preston, and hes been out a year. 

Apparently he came back in a behind closed doors game last week and scored a hat trick. So good luck to him, I hope he comes back stronger and goes on to fulfill his potential.

After all it would have been easy for him to sit in our reserves and pick a paycheck up, see Bus, Dielna, Mcgugan etc...

At least he wanted to play every week and moved on.

Always liked him. 

great post.

Really wanted him to do well, thought he was going to become a cult hero, shame it never came to fruit.

1 hour ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

May gets flak but Nuhiu gets jizzed over :columbo:

Not sure about that.

I'd say it's more a case of Nuhiu gets flak but Semedo gets "jizzed over", despite Nuhiu being just as hard working and professional, but also a better player.

He rightly got credit for a significant international goal the other day, but normally when it comes to unfair criticism, Nuhiu is top of the list.