How Abdi fitted into Watford's promotion side.

Carlos really can't afford for it not to work out for Abdi with the Forestieri situation.

A quick goolgle search suggests he was in the middle next to Guerdioura

"Watford's attackers are only part of the story. Almen Abdi is among those to have been handed over by Udinese for free and is one of the Championship's best playmakers; midfielder Adlene Guedioura, on loan from Crystal Palace, has been superb in his two separate spells and is probably in the form of his career."

He needs to get him int he team. Possibly with Jones or otherwise alongside Hutchinson. Lee to the right. 

He was part of a 3

Daniel Toszer and either Geurdiora or Gianni Munari making up the other 2

Not a midfield "beast" among them - just very gifted players - Tozser was the deep lying player who would break play up and recycle possession - he has a very good range of passing too

Abdi is way too good to be on our bench - or in the stands!

9 minutes ago, scram said:

He was part of a 3

Not a midfield "beast" among them - just very gifted players - Tozser was the deep lying player who would break play up and recycle possession - he has a very good range of passing too

Cheers scram.

I think if he played in a 3 then Jones could play deeper and Lee  the other one.

Maybe fit that into a 3-5-2.

If it doesn't get resolved soon I have a feeling he will be displaying his talents to their fullest at a club that actually knows how to use him properly, something which will no doubt be of great consternation a lot of us.

We really cannot f**k this up IMO, which so far we are managing to do quite well.

All this BS about hiving a new pre season etc - what a load of claptrap..just give him a run out in his best position FFS

I have a feeling that if we are to see the best of him it will be with someone else at the helm here...just hope he can wait that long.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

29 minutes ago, scram said:

He was part of a 3

How did he get on before Watford?

27 minutes ago, scram said:

He was part of a 3

I'll must confess that I was unaware of Abdi until he came to us.

From the little I've seen so far he oozes class but has been very ineffective. I know he's mostly been played out of position.

Was he as good as people say in his Watford heyday?

Guest wilyfox

Genuinely surprised we're still waiting for Abdi to impact here after 3 months. Hasn't been the "glove to the hand" that Carlos predicted. One of several I keep my fingers crossed for in hoping their fortunes change here.  

17 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

I'll must confess that I was unaware of Abdi until he came to us.

From the little I've seen so far he oozes class but has been very ineffective. I know he's mostly been played out of position.

Was he as good as people say in his Watford heyday?

The other Watford players called him The Professor - they were exptremely surprised and disappointed when he was allowed to leave

He was brilliant at Watford - a bit of a slow burner to start with - but i'd say he was the best midfielder in the division when he was with them

6 minutes ago, scram said:

The other Watford players called him The Professor - they were exptremely surprised and disappointed when he was allowed to leave

He was brilliant at Watford - a bit of a slow burner to start with - but i'd say he was the best midfielder in the division when he was with them

Must be awful to find himself in the current predicament

1 hour ago, scram said:

He was part of a 3

They usually played with two up front as well didn't they?

Did they play 3-5-2?

It's all well and good members on here saying things like we should play 433 or 352. Abdi and Jones in the middle etc. 

Its easy for us, we can all see where the problem is but we have a manager that likes to play football in a certain way and a set system. He is very stubborn. 

Unfortunatley i I can imagine abdi to be nothing more than just a bit part player for us this year, despite how good he is. 

Its very poor poor in my opinion to sign a player of such class and play him out of position. You play your best players in their best position. Simple really.