Which Sheffield Wednesday players have you met?

shop3138-3024920.jpg

So during your time supporting Sheffield Wednesday which Owls players/managers have you met?

What have been your favourite experiences and has anyone ever met a player or manager and been less than impressed?

I bet there are some horror stories about from when Bothroyd 'played' for us

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Craig Armstrong.

Guy Branston.

Lee Bullen.

Stephen Bywater.

Tony Gregory.

David Hirst. 

Rob Jones.

Steven MacLean.

Lewis McMahon.

Guylain Ndumbu-Nsungu.

John Pearson.

Mark Smith.

Mel Sterland.

Lee Strafford.

Marcus Tudgay.

Richard Wood. 

They was all brilliant but Tony Gregory is really quiet and shy. 

Mel Sterland came into my local on Saturday April 28th 1984. He'd scored the winning goal (penalty) that day and we'd secured promotion back to the 1st Division. It was also my sister's birthday (still is apparently) and she also got engaged to my best mate on that same day. We were already having a good night but he was just the icing on the cake. I don't remember much about our conversation but he seemed like a decent bloke. I'd have a drink with him again, if he asked (nicely). :biggrin: 

• Like 2

Met Chris Brunt and Glen Whelan (maybe?) in Burger King once but it was an official signing set up by Wednesday believe it or not, had my picture taken and was in the programme the next game, think I was in primary school at the time, looking back on it they didn't  ask me or my older sister for permission to use the photo, oh well

prendo and pete middleton i knew quite well from there mexboro days and both good lads ,spent 10 minutes talking to danny wilson in a hotel in plymouth when he played for us ,he was waiting to be picked up after the game as he'd been took ill with the trots and they wouldnt allow him to go to the game .he seemed a decent bloke .

On the day we sealed our place in the UEFA Cup back in 1992 with a 1-1 draw at Selhurst Park, my uncle used his connections in the Palace team to get us into the players lounge after the game, so I met both squads. I got my photo taken with David Hirst, Nigel Pearson and Chris Woods, and I got the autographs of every player except for Paul Warhurst, who for some reason refused to sign my autograph book. I remember Carlton Palmer being the first into the lounge after the game and he was livid that Trevor Francis had brought himself on as a late attacking sub instead of trying to protect the 1-0 lead, which backfired and ended our hopes of winning the title.

The only two I've properly met and actually had a conversation with are both Owlstalk legends,  Owen Morrison and Danny Reet. 

I met Morrison in Republic night club.  He'd gone to the pigs by this point and told me he'd enjoyed his time at Wednesday at first but then the club treat him really badly around the time he left, he had a lot of praise for the fans though. 

I worked with Danny Reet's Mrs and he came in to pick her up one day. By this point his brief professional career was over and he was playing for Buxton. I took the opportunity to have a chat with him about being at Wednesday. He told me he knew his time was up with us when he made the bench for a game against Burnley. Barry Corr got injured during the match and Reet was the only striker on the bench but Sturrock replaced him with Drissa Diallo instead.

Despite being a pig he came across as a nice lad. 

1 hour ago, Gnarwolf said:

Met Chris Brunt and Glen Whelan (maybe?) in Burger King once but it was an official signing set up by Wednesday believe it or not, had my picture taken and was in the programme the next game, think I was in primary school at the time, looking back on it they didn't  ask me or my older sister for permission to use the photo, oh well

You don't need to ask permission to take or publish photos.

Pearson King Shez & Pressman did club trophies for kidz footy team presentation, couldn't do enough for us

and Nigel bought me & 2 coaches a crate of lager!

Semedo & Liera in BK after training

At Middlewood my lad played keepie uppies with Carlton Harksie Shez & Hirsty - never seem him smile so much

cos usually he's a miserable little bleeder