3037930274.jpg

Recently there was a bit of a campaign to start off an official singing area.

The idea was taken to the club to reserve an area of the ground just for those who wanted to try and sing and create a bit of an atmosphere.

This would mean season ticket holders who wanted to be involved transferring their seats to that area, and of course anyone else who wanted in on it would buy tickets on the proviso that they join in with the singing and atmosphere building

It didn't go ahead and recieved criticism from some quarters for even being dreamt up as an idea

What do you reckon?

Should the atmosphere be created by fans, or should it just be a naturally occurring thing, and what do you think of the above idea?

Amazon | Broadband | AirBnb

There will never be a good atmosphere unless standing is brought back.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Without turning into a thread about the band.

Get rid of the band and the atmosphere will return to the kop thats the singing section ready and waiting.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

There is a singing and standing area, it's called T1 in the North. Anybody who has seats there expects that there is high chance you will be stood up the majority of the game, they even advise this in the ticket office if you buy tickets there. Usually a good atmosphere there most games. 

• Agree 4

Yeah 100%

There was an idea to create a similar space on the Kop

cant even wave flags in the ground, yet is ok to sell them when we played at Wembley. Palace do it and you never hear of any bother. Its pathetic

• Agree 5

Also where are all the scarf thieves?

about 2000 handed out v Villa to create at atmosphere, I never saw the part when I said then you can take them home and sit like statues for the other 22 home games!

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, ViolaOwls said:

Also where are all the scarf thieves?

about 2000 handed out v Villa to create at atmosphere, I never saw the part when I said then you can take them home and sit like statues for the other 22 home games!

What did you honestly THINK would happen though?

Of course people wouldn't bring them ever again

They'll take em home and put em in a cupboard or summat

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What did you honestly THINK would happen though?

Of course people wouldn't bring them ever again

They'll take em home and put em in a cupboard or summat

I know this, but it sometimes becomes those that complain about atmosphere, then take it away for themselves

I believe the initial proposal was squashed because non-singers would have to be moved from the singing area. I think the singing area should be in what used to be "the middle" (have I got the term correct?). This is a prime spot and has been taken over by many who would, if we still had standing on the kop, be south standers.

DC has taken some tough decisions over the last 18 months, in my opinion, he should make another one and designate this area as a singing section with a blind eye turned to standing. Anyone forced to move could be given a SS season ticket at kop prices.

Just to add clarity, I used to sit in this area, but it was dire so I moved to the North a few season ago.

• Agree 1

I got one of those scarfs and it just fits nicely in my handkerchief pocket....

2 hours ago, keefdave said:

There will never be a good atmosphere unless standing is brought back.

Here's where I seem really young...

The closest I've been to experiencing a standing area is at away matches where it's pretty much an offence to sit. Those games are amazing atmospheres. 

I thought the south stand was the singing area? 

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, roe3o said:

There is a singing and standing area, it's called T1 in the North. Anybody who has seats there expects that there is high chance you will be stood up the majority of the game, they even advise this in the ticket office if you buy tickets there. Usually a good atmosphere there most games. 

My 8 yr old daughter looks over at T1 in envy from the South, she's desperate to get over there. It's a shame atmospheres like Brighton in the playoffs don't come around more often, even us squares on the south were bouncing. Were off Fulham for her first ever away game and she claims she will be the loudest there, hopefully there will be plenty to cheer about!!

1 hour ago, Animal said:

I got one of those scarfs and it just fits nicely in my handkerchief pocket....

Kin ell how bigs thi nose ?

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1