Mindless animal. Name and shame him.

How quickly some posters will 'go off at a tangent' when anything is posted on here.The first part of LL's post is the one we should address. Basically , this is that some thug, hopefully only posing as a Wednesdayite, committed an act of vandalism, and caused damage to property belonging to someone other than himself. For this act of vandalism, he requires to feel the full force of the law. If he can be identified on CCTV committing the act, the answer is simple Fine and Ban him. No-one should be allowed to take their frustration out of other people's property. How would any of us feel if a stranger, whilst walking past your home or car, decided to take their frustration out by causing damage to the same. This is no different.  

We did have some real pondlife on display yesterday - there was a bald, middle aged guy stood behind me yesterday with two daughters who was clearly off his face - when we had that penalty denied he was so busy screaming at the ref that he ended up falling into not just my row but the one in front of me. When he was picked up he didn't apologise to the people he'd nearly just flattened or thank the guy who'd picked him up, just carried on screaming at the ref. His two daughters didn't seem to know what to do and ended up sort of nervously laughing while it was abundantly clear that they were mortified at how hammered their dad was. He continued to exhibit his drunkenness by waving his arms around for the duration of the game without any spacial awareness, so I got clouted multiple times and I ended up moving to another seat at half time. I hope to God for his daughters' sake he didn't intend to drive home.

Guest The Claw

witch hunt, throw him in a well if he drowns he must be innocent, you need more than just a pointing finger in law to prove he kicked anything at all. will you apologise publicly on here if he takes legal advise and slaps your ass back

3 hours ago, Justbeanz said:

Not defending or condoning but Im not sure its right posting photos of fans before the accusations are proven. Its a dangerous precedent in my opinion.

Happens all the time in newspapers.  Look at the West V Chelsea match, photos plastered all over the place.  You are allowed to post photos of anyone you wish.  No one has the right to to total privacy.   Nor do you need permission of the person your photographing to use it. (Yeah I know court cases etc).

I do go along with the view it wouldn't be a good idea to show it.  But your not breaking any law by doing so I believe.

Great thread. Everybody's outrage makes for a wonderful read.

Bottom line is away games often see dubious behaviour and if you are outraged by this you might need to think whether away games are really your thing. A witch hunt is ludicrous. Also if you can't take defeats you really shouldn't watch football. Both as bad.

4 minutes ago, Holmes said:

Happens all the time in newspapers.  Look at the West V Chelsea match, photos plastered all over the place.  You are allowed to post photos of anyone you wish.  No one has the right to to total privacy.   Nor do you need permission of the person your photographing to use it. (Yeah I know court cases etc).

I do go along with the view it wouldn't be a good idea to show it.  But your not breaking any law by doing so I believe.

I didn't mean it from a legal perspective mate I meant from an Owlstalk n football forum perspective in general. I mean where does the naming and shaming and publishing of photographs end ? Groundhopping Owl mentioned another incident that took place near him and alluded to the guys fit state to drive, should he be named and shamed and photos published ?

Just now, Justbeanz said:

I didn't mean it from a legal perspective mate I meant from an Owlstalk n football forum perspective in general. I mean where does the naming and shaming and publishing of photographs end ? Groundhopping Owl mentioned another incident that took place near him and alluded to the guys fit state to drive, should he be named and shamed and photos published ?

Yeah sorry I know what you meant, I was talking in general .  

3 hours ago, Grandad said:

I can't believe how many people are defending the complete jeb-end

Why even kick a seat at all out of frustration?  regardless of whether there are kids about? 

We had some right nobs again at Derby yesterday - completely smashed and anti social. I saw a massive row a few seats away from me where some lads dressed in multi coloured suits had a go at a pensioner because he'd had the audacity to point out that they were sat in his daughters seat and she would be back from the toilet soon.  

Proper screaming in his face,  and his wife's too.  Collective bullying from a group of maybe 10, who should know better.

Due to personal reasons I've not been able to get to as many away games this year as I'd like, only been to Derby and Birmingham, where there was a huge amount of trouble kicking off between our own fans as well. Going to Fulham but if it's the same there I think I'll be hanging up my away season ticket and not bothering any more.

Get this seat kicking idiot reported to the club. I hope they do ban him and I hope Derby report him to the Police for criminal damage too.  The more like him that get banned the better 

Why post this when you don't actually know what was said? Really wee wees me off.

The 'pensioner' that you are making out to be all innocent in this argument was actually the one that started it. Stop making assumptions. 

18 hours ago, EveryWednesday said:

If someone offers to fight me on a night out or whatever I usually stand still, arms by my side and reply "do you think we are on a playground? Are you 12 years old?"

Usually shuts em up

I really can't imagine this works. 

can imagine emotions were running high and the bloke got carried away, am sure whoever he is really wasnt happy with himself. Not condoning what happened at all and I hope the OP and children arent put off games. It should be sorted between OP, bloke in question and club. Truth is it isnt anything to do with rest of us. Cant see what positives public witch hunts achieve really.

Edited by runningaround

17 hours ago, fatzooma said:

It's not called for but it never used to happen.....I blame all seater stadiums....Less crush, more verbal.....

I agree In the old days of the standing Kop the same people pretty much stood in the same place for years. Anybody causing bother would get a collective stare and a quiet word from a few of the regulars and politely asked to move which beacause of standing it was easy to do.

8 minutes ago, runningaround said:

can imagine emotions were running high and the bloke got carried away, am sure whoever he is really wasnt happy with himself. Not condoning what happened at all and I hope the OP and children arent put off games. It should be sorted between OP, bloke in question and club. Truth is it isnt anything to do with rest of us. Cant see what positives public witch hunts achieve really.

Total can of worms posting the photo on here....

I totally understand LLP's anger, ..Theres a difference between losing your temper in a spat and knowingly frightening young kids, 

I suggest Lenny simply contacts the authorities involved and pursues it that way.

Lets be honest, we have a forum full of folks who call each other c.oonts because of the type of biscuit we prefer....best left alone..

Edited by asteener1867

14 minutes ago, darra said:

I agree In the old days of the standing Kop the same people pretty much stood in the same place for years. Anybody causing bother would get a collective stare and a quiet word from a few of the regulars and politely asked to move which beacause of standing it was easy to do.

Compared to the "old days", I feel very much safer now.  

Give me todays days any day. 

12 minutes ago, Holmes said:

Compared to the "old days", I feel very much safer now.  

Give me todays days any day. 

Agree mate, but thats why its probably a little more frightening for youngsters these days...Its not the norm anymore...Even I curb my language and behaviour if theres a youngster sat near me...I'd hate to be responsible for putting anyone off coming to watch the owls...although it could be doing them a favour in the long term lol

4 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Agree mate, but thats why its probably a little more frightening for youngsters these days...Its not the norm anymore...Even I curb my language and behaviour if theres a youngster sat near me...I'd hate to be responsible for putting anyone off coming to watch the owls...although it could be doing them a favour in the long term lol

Lifetime sentence for me as well lol