Mindless animal. Name and shame him.

LLP, Hope both of your daughters are OK with no lasting bad thoughts for them to continue going with you to matches. Lets hope the person responsible sees your post, realises what a t0sser he was and then hope he PM's you with a full apology.

Good luck with the young un's mate.

31 minutes ago, EveryWednesday said:

If someone offers to fight me on a night out or whatever I usually stand still, arms by my side and reply "do you think we are on a playground? Are you 12 years old?"

Usually shuts em up

It's usually a case of insecurity, they have a few shandys and want to prove to themselves they're "hard"... catch them sober on a weekday afternoon and offer them to put some gloves on and step in a cage for a wee bit of sparring, then see what their answer is. 

14 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

Not my place to make that decision. But such banning orders are in place, in theory, to protect other people.  If you believe that judgements  (be them legal, civil or just carried out by clubs) are there to protect the general public, rather than just inconvenience the perpetrator, then perhaps someone with that little self control should be banned.

fair enough mate. 

11 minutes ago, peacock1961 said:

to be honest I thought we had some right bell ends on show today.

Have to agree....from the slightly amusing one who had a rant and called everyone all the names under the sun for not singing and then never murmured another word for the rest of the game to the bell end at the final whistle who knee'd a teenager in the back for allowing a family to come in front of him in to the gangway because he wanted everyone to move quicker....and then decided to eff and Jeff at anyone who told him to calm down before boldly commenting "it's a good job I've got my son with me"!!

2 hours ago, s110wl said:

and honestly, i'd implore people not to demand a 'witch hunt'. In hindsight, I'm sure the bloke will feel embarrassed enough. Let's not post pics of the guy..

You'd like to think so but I very much doubt it. Some people use football to mask a side to their personality that's actually not welcome anywhere near a football ground.

50 minutes ago, Ian said:

Have to agree....from the slightly amusing one who had a rant and called everyone all the names under the sun for not singing and then never murmured another word for the rest of the game to the bell end at the final whistle who knee'd a teenager in the back for allowing a family to come in front of him in to the gangway because he wanted everyone to move quicker....and then decided to eff and Jeff at anyone who told him to calm down before boldly commenting "it's a good job I've got my son with me"!!

Of course, who else would hold his hand getting down all those steps?

I am 100% anti violence, football or otherwise...

But honestly - trying to track the guy down so the club or authorities can punish him retrospectively?

It sounds like his actions were completely out of frustration, rightly or, quite obviously wrongly, but not malice.

I'm by no means from the school of 'well if you don't like it then don't take your kids' nonsense.

But honestly, this seems totally unnecessary to me.

Shoot me. 

2 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Had a similar incident with my daughter when I took her away to Huddersfield a couple of seasons ago.

Bloke kept drifting across the front of my daughter, standing in front of her so she couldn't see the game.

I asked him several times to not stand in front of her but he ignored me over and over again. When I suggested he must be deaf aswell as ignorant, his response was to say I shouldn't have brought her then, and to offer me out, in front of my daughter, which his thick 20 odd year old son thought was hilarious (it might be what you call bringing your kids up well where they came from, I have no idea).

My 9 year old daughter got a bit upset at this point.

I moved her to my right and then stood shoulder to shoulder with this idiot instead, waiting for it to kick off. 

After a tense 90 mins, he eventually apologised at the end of the game (fair enough but my daughter hasn't wanted to go to a game since, she was frightened). 

Needless to say, had my daughter not been with me, events would probably taken a different turn of events. I wouldn't have had to bite my lip for my daughter's sake. 

It's s**t like this and the opening post that makes me despair for the human race.  Adults wanting to fight over a game of football?  It's a bizarre world we live in.

19 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

It's s**t like this and the opening post that makes me despair for the human race.  Adults wanting to fight over a game of football?  It's a bizarre world we live in.

It's why I've stopped giving a sh*t about carbon emissions and the environment..,,.the human gene pool will kill off the human race long before environmental changes will 

16 minutes ago, 1867owl said:

I am 100% anti violence, football or otherwise...

But honestly - trying to track the guy down so the club or authorities can punish him retrospectively?

It sounds like his actions were completely out of frustration, rightly or, quite obviously wrongly, but not malice.

I'm by no means from the school of 'well if you don't like it then don't take your kids' nonsense.

But honestly, this seems totally unnecessary to me.

Shoot me. 

I know what you mean - but the guy was worried for his daughter, can see the urge to get the guy banned from doing it again.

I'm none violent and I don't have kids, but if someone scared, upset of nearly hurt mine one day... I'd want something done about it.

On the other hand the guy may have had two many beers and wake up tomorrow feeling awful about it and not let it happen again. But probably not, he's probably a grade A c*nt.

2 hours ago, EveryWednesday said:

If someone offers to fight me on a night out or whatever I usually stand still, arms by my side and reply "do you think we are on a playground? Are you 12 years old?"

Usually shuts em up

just knocking them out cold in front of all their mates works pretty well.