Us v Pigs

Granted anything can happen in a one off game but let's look at it this way...

I reckon we're on course for 80 points this year.  Minimum. 

If the current Pigs team were in the Championship they'd probably finish the season with a points tally in the mid-high 20s.

So we're about a 50-55 point better team than them in this division .  

Conversely, if we were in League 1 we'd rewrite the record books and clock up a points total of around 110, with a goal difference not far behind.

That's how big the GAP is.

They are no way near us in quality.. if we got them in the cup though ? They would probably play their strongest team.lavery, besr and sharp would want to try and put one over us and wind their dressing room up. If we played ohr strongest side. Easy win..but if Carlos rests  a few might be close

11 hours ago, snaykz said:

The gap between the 2 divisions is wider than they realise. In fairness tho, they're still only 1 division below us; it's not as if they're a conference team (yet). 

I reckon if we played them 10 times at a neutral venue, we'd win 7, with maybe a couple of draws and 1 win for them. So yes, they could possibly give us a game given the more random nature of derbies. 

But if they think they are anywhere near us in terms of quality, they're totally deluded. Not one of their players would get into our 18 man squad. 

In a nutshell

I'm assuming someone has been on their site and a shown them this thread and we are now being called arrogant. Personally I think it'd be close due to the nature of derby games, all bets are off and owt can happen. This is why I'll never understand anyone who says they want em to go up. Why would you want em to have any form of success? I never want em to win, ever. If they were playing against an alien race in a one off game for the future of the human race I'd want em to get stuffed 3 nowt. Let em rot down there, screw having em in our league. If we never played em again as long as I live I wouldn't give a chuff 

On paper it's not a contest. I'd struggle to find one of theirs who would make our bench. Seriously. 

But it the games not played on paper. Look at 91/92 - we probably could have said the same and they did the double. In more recent years (2002-2012)  they've had the better side but our record isn't that bad. 

21 minutes ago, lincolnowl said:

On paper it's not a contest. I'd struggle to find one of theirs who would make our bench. Seriously. 

But it the games not played on paper. Look at 91/92 - we probably could have said the same and they did the double. In more recent years (2002-2012)  they've had the better side but our record isn't that bad. 

Took 4 points off them and finished above them but they were better?

Fernando sits on the ball at the half way line, his arms crossed...........

"What you doing Fernando?"

"Having a rest. Will get up and knock the next one in with my nob end whilst playing the harmonica in a bit"

"Oh, that's ok then. The lads will continue to protect you, and the ball, until you're ready"

Ten minutes later....

GGGGGGOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLL! Forestieri!

*Harmonica plays in the background*

The gap between league one and the Championship is absolutely massive now, it is basically the 2nd premier league. 

They are in for a massive shock when they decide to stop weeing about. This team would beat them never mind our first team:

Kean

Palmer

Loovens

Sasso

Dielna

Buckley

Semedo

Mcgugan

Emanulsen

Nuhui

Bus

They wouldn't get 1 player in our team, and only a few in our squad. The gap is similar to the gap between us and say Liverpool. Over a season in the same league Liverpool would finish miles in front of us, but over a match of 90 minutes most of us would think we COULD compete with them. Think that may be how they are looking at it, they maybe COULD compete against us in a one off match, but over a season we would show how huge the difference in class is. If they actually think they are anywhere near as good as us overall though, then they are being delusional, but over a match as previously shown anything can happen, I would certainly expect us to win, but wouldn't take it for granted, I have done that before and we have lost, I have learnt from it and won't make the same mistake again. Unlike them with their boxing day, they didn't learn and were giving it the "mind the gap, the Derby that doesn't matter etc" They're that thick, they will never learn, and yet they think we're arrogant.

If we could somehow play them without there being the pressure of it being a derby, I know we'd absolutely smash them.

As it would be though (i.e. as a derby), even though we'd have an incomparably superior side, I'd be as nervy as what I usually am when playing them.

Mind you, I'm not sure from where they get their own confidence; they're in the division beneath us and with a recent history of blowing it at the big occasions.